Like all recipes this courgette, yoghurt and mint dip came about from a simple thought process. I have waaaaaay too many lovely courgettes (zucchinis) – tick. I have tons of mint – tick. As for Greek yoghurt……….. you kinda get the gist.
This is a light and refreshing dip that will help use up your summer squash bounty. To make it a bit thinner add in more yoghurt and olive oil and to make it sharper add in more lemon. I have since come across versions of this at barbeques and Middle Eastern restaurants that include cumin or tahini etc.
I hope you get to try this and leave me a comment below to tell me what variations of this you have come across or what spices you like in yours.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchinis) sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 25 mint leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) yoghurt
- 2-4 tsp lemon juice
- Heat frying pan with one tbsp of olive oil.
- Add courgette and garlic to frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry for about 10 mins till courgettes are soft and starting to brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Then transfer mix to food processor adding in yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Puree to desired consistency and adjust seasoning.
- You can easily add in extra yoghurt, olive oil or more lemon depending on your taste.
- Transfer to serving container and drizzle on some olive oil, garnish with mint leaves and enjoy.