One of the easiest ways to make the OH happy is to add fried chilli and garlic to a dish.
Luckily I like fried chillies and garlic and have probably eaten every vegetable you can think of topped with this combo. I do mean every vegetable you can think of.
So on OH grumpy days, I choose quick cooking vegetables, top them with fried garlic and chilli and bribe him into happiness. Yesterday was one such day and so viola these green beans topped with fried garlic and chilli.
They were definitely OH approved.
I hope you enjoy this third recipe in the pantry staple spotlight on green beans (aka french beans or string beans).
- 250 g of green beans topped and tailed
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 mild chillies
- Boil the beans in some salted water for up to 5 mins depending on their size until cooked but not over done.
- Then plunged cooked beans into ice cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves, de-seed and chop the chilli.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and chillies and season with salt. Fry on low to medium heat, stirring frequently until the garlic becomes crunchy and starts changing colour.
- Take off the heat immediately and poor into a cool container.
- In the same frying pan with only the residual leftover oil quickly stir fry beans for a min.
- Transfer the beans into the serving contained and top with all the garlic and chilli and 1 tbsp of the seasoned oil. If you pour all the oil on the beans it might be too much so if you want to add a bit more then mix in an extra ½ tbsp of oil at a time.