Shelve whatever plans you had.
Grab your kids. Or, I am sure your neighbours would be happy to lend you theirs. Kids are not necessary for this sandwich, but just go with the flow.
Get all hands on deck as you pile on those flavours on your lovely bread. Liberal amounts of almond butter, followed by tiny lashings of honey all topped up with a gazillion slices of banana.
Heck, pile on more almond butter if you like.
Now grill that piece of ‘almost there but not quite yet’ perfection.
And then you get perfection. AKA the grilled almond butter honey banana sandwich.
They will love you for ever and ever and ever. And ever.
- Six slices of bread
- Almond butter or peanut butter (I used Meridian smooth almond butter)
- Honey (optional)
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- Butter the six slices of bread.
- Turn them over unbuttered side up.
- Spread some almond butter on three slices, then drizzle on some honey and top with banana slices.
- Cover the sandwich bases with the other three slices, buttered sides up.
- Heat a frying pan and place the sandwiches with the buttered side down and fry for a few mins until nice and golden.
- Turn the sandwiches over and cook on the other side until golden.