This no bake cheesecake is super easy to make. I kid you not. It is simply a crushed Oreo cookie base covered in a vanilla strawberry cream cheese and finished with sumptuous whipped cream and crunchy Oreos. Not a single egg, mixer or oven in sight. Simples.
The ‘make life easy’ part of me loves no bake cheesecakes a lot. Especially when I have friends coming over for supper. I can get them done and in the fridge in 15 mins – so more time to do other things like the obligatory kitchen tidy (aka shove everything in the pantry). Besides the mini portions look very cute. I secretly do an inner goddess pat on my back whilst I rather casually serve these to really nice complements. Awww come on folks, I can gloat a little bit – I figure that fellow foodies must understand.
This cheesecake recipe can be customised in a gazillion different flavours and with blackberry season almost upon us I can imagine it would make a great blackberry cheesecake. And it rocks and them some as a raspberry cheesecake.
So when you next need an easy dessert look no further than this no bake strawberry Oreo cheesecake recipe.
Other easy desserts that might interest you.
No bake cheesecake with ginger lime candied strawberries from Blahnik Baker.
Raspberry eton mess from London Unattached.
Cheats dessert – berry vanilla cream tart from Glamorous Glutton.
No churn rose ice cream from Simply Food.
Chocolate orange trifle in a glass from Cook Sister.
- 14 oreos
- 200g (7oz)strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 320g (11oz) cream cheese
- Whipped cream to top
- Crush the Oreos in a food blender (or by hand) until they resemble bread crumbs.
- keep back 1 tbsp of Oreo crumbs and divide the rest evenly into 6 glass jars to form the base and set aside.
- Mash the strawberries in a small bowl and mix in the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Decant the cream cheese in to another bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Whisk in the strawberry mixture until everything is well combined.
- Divide the cheesecake mix evenly onto the already prepared Oreo bases.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hr.
- Top with the whipped cream and a sprinkle of oreo crumbs.