A nice twist on the classic mozzarella salad with the addition of guava along with Parma ham and fiery rocket.
This guava and parma ham salad is one that I did back in the summer and then completely forgot about it. Luckily, I rediscovered it whilst archiving my food photographs.
It is a salad recipe fitting for this time of the year – light, refreshing and easy to put together with hints of the exotic locations you would probably rather be in right now. A ‘ holiday on a plate’ kinda salad. No hints to any other halves intended whatsoever.
You should be able to get guavas (guayaba) in ethnic shops or food markets like Brixton or Peckham in London. But if not, then you can easily use some ripe figs instead. Toss it all together, drizzle on some balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy.
Sierra Leone flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and West African fusion recipes.
- 60g (2oz) rocket (arugula)
- 260g (9oz) mozzarella, torn
- 8 slices of Parma ham, torn
- 4 ripe guavas (guayaba), cored and cubed
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Fresh bread to serve on the side
- Assemble all the salad ingredients together and drizzle on some balsamic vinaigrette to taste.
- Serve with the bread.