An easy guide on how to roast blood oranges.
One of the many joys of winter is the abundance of citrus fruits. Lovely, bright, colourful, sweet, tart, gorgeous fruit. Piles and piles of them just waiting to be eaten straight up, juiced and even roasted.
Roast blood oranges are just awesome. Roasting the oranges caramelises the sugars in them adding that little bit extra flavour to them. Then use them to tart up your salads, smoothies, porridge, eggs and waffles. One of my favourite things is a simple couscous salad with blood oranges and greens. Sky is the limit with these sweet but sharp little bites.
So please check out my easy guide below on how to roast blood red oranges.
Pantry staple spotlight – this is one of the first recipes for blood oranges. Please come back for other blood oranges recipes soon.
- 4 red blood oranges
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Seasoning of choice - maple syrup, herbs etc
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Cut blood oranges into segments and arrange on a baking tray.
- Drizzle on some olive oil and season according to your taste.
- Roast for 15- 18 mins before serving.
- Serves 4 as part of something else.