By day a mama, music lover, education officer, a wannabe origami’ist and nursery rhyme singer. By every other minute a chef, pantry reorganiser, recipe developer and a travel lover. Thanks for visiting my blog, Bintu.
To sum it up…. delicious food with everything in your pantry.
- I aim to serve you delicious recipes inspired by ingredients already in your pantry (even the ‘what do I do with that’ items).
- I also want to bring you food from Sierra Leone straight from my grandmother’s, mother’s and my Sierra Leonean kitchen. Your pantry is half way there already.
- Let’s cook our way through recipes I have developed myself, from friends, cookbooks and those developed by you.
- And as I travel through the world I will share those stories with you as well as the culinary adventures undertake.
- I like cinnamon, ginger, butternut squash, coconut, lemon, cassava leaves, black-eyed beans, pancakes, rice, rice and more rice. I like a whole lot of food a whole lot.
- My pantry is so full, that I sometimes can’t find things.
- I read cookbooks for fun and own too many to count.
- I happily make a few mistakes in the kitchen – and am happier still to learn from them.
- As I cook more the recipes might get even better so I will update them.
- I hope to visit at least half the countries in the world – and then tell you about them.
- I would really really really like you to share your comments and suggestions.
And a little bit more……..
- I like music almost as much as I like food. My dancing skills however….
- One day, I plan to be great at origami and passable at drawing.
- Sad but true, I finish all my christmas shopping in August.
- Hopefully, this blog will help me better use my digital camera.
- I travel a lot, and in each country I visit I take a cooking class.
- I successfully completed the eat vegetarian for the entire summer challenge.