SOUP time folks. Actually, make that 10 mins to seriously easy to prepare weeknight mushroom ramen. And I am really excited to share this recipe with you guys.
This 10 minute weeknight ramen is all about ticking quite a few boxes. The come home from work tired and want to make something super quick before collapsing on the sofa in front of the tv – tick. The my veg box order has come through and with a lush pile of organic mushrooms that scream eat me right now box – tick, The my best friend, who thinks that mushroom are the bees knees, is coming to visit for the weekend and I have not planned a menu but have a huge pile of mushrooms in the fridge – tick. And when you generally JUST want a simple nourishing warming and filling soup – tick. Plus, the I really like ramen noodles but I want to make my own at home because they would just turn out more awesome – tick. Yeap a whole lot of ticks right there.
This weeknight mushroom ramen soup is simply noodles simmered in vegetable stock made richer with some greens, spring onions and some delicate mushrooms. The sesame oil and eggs, well that just moves it from goooooooood to super awesome.
So, what do you guys think of this quick mushroom ramen soup? Something to try? Do you already have your own version? Go on eat mushroom ramen soup and tell me.
This recipe first appeared in the Autumn 2016 issue of Superfood Magazine.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try 10 Minute Weeknight Mushroom Ramen! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
10 Minute Weeknight Mushroom Ramen
- Boil some water in a saucepan, add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and let them cool before peeling and cutting in half.
- Place the vegetable stock in a large saucepan, turn on the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms and reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to a gentle boil, add the noodles and allow them to cook for about 3-4 minutes till done.
- Add in the baby pack choi when the noodles are half cooked.
- Switch off the heat and mix in the spring onions, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Serve the mushroom ramen in bowls topped with the soft boiled eggs.
Please pin me: