The fabulous Kristyn from pretty kitten’s kitchen is sharing her second recipe from her summer dessert series with you. It only has 2 ingredients and tastes like ice cream but without the cream. Are you sold yet? Bintu.
Summer can be a sugary time, what with the snow cones, cotton candy, popsicles, ice cream, and so forth. It’s tough to stay cool without loading up on sweets. I love this recipe because it makes me feel so sneaky:
First, it feels like a complete cheat, as there are only two ingredients, neither of which are cream, and yet they are dreamily creamy.
Then I hand it off to my kiddo, and he feels like he’s getting a sugary treat, when in reality he’s mostly getting a healthy banana. Sneaky mom for the win! Oh, yes, and they’re husband-tested, too!
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try 2-Ingredient Banana Nutella Pops! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
2-Ingredient Banana Nutella Pops
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Peel bananas and slice into large chunks. Freeze in a single layer for several hours or overnight -- until completely frozen through.
- Place frozen bananas in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Blend in Nutella until smooth and well combined.
- Divide among popsicle molds and freeze again until solid.
- When ready to serve, run molds under cool water to release.