Hey pie lovers, let me pietroduce to an easy pie recipe. Yeap, I am talking about these 20 minutes Bacon Chilli Pies.
Some days it is all about easy peasy recipes. You know the days when you kiddoes have just had a really rather fun sleepover, along with babyccinos and marshmallows, lollipos and crisps, popcorn and movies, and much much more that meant they went to bed at 12am.
WHich then mean they were well knackered the next day and just wanted a lot of cuddle and attention, so I had to spend more time with he kiddoes and less time cooking. These Bacon Chilli Pies were a life saver.
Easy Bacon Chilli
Guys, this is really the easiest bacon chilli you will ever make. For real. It is whipped up in just 15 mins and FOUR ingredients. Bacon, spring onions (scallions), tomato salsa and beans.
Step 1. Fry the bacon.
Step 2. Add in and fry the spring onion
Step 3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for a little while and that is it.
Easy Chilli Bacon Pie
It gets even better now folk. Stuff that simple bacon chilli mix into your Yorkshire puddings (so no pie crust-making and refrigerating and rolling, nope not on my watch folks) and pop in the oven.
Less than 20 mins to golden, crunchy yet fluffy, tasty easy bacon chilli pies. It took me less than 2 mins to sell the idea to the bestie who made them, loved them and fed his date. Result.
Simple, quick and even my “rather scared of having anything to do with pies” bestie can make these. Result peeps, result.
I been making these bacon chilli pies like crazy. Why I hear you ask? Well.
- It is coming up to national pie week and well, you got to make pie during pie week. Because it is pie week.
- I do have about half a freezer full of spoiltpig bacon that I have the urge to put in anything and everything like well, pies. See, this totally makes sense right?
- ( Food blogger confession time) all those lasagne tacos pie things that have been all over the place (Pinterest and Instagram I am looking at you) have become so imprinted in my brain that I just had to make them – but of course I have to be different – so Yorkshire pudding pies they became.
- The bestie has been asking me to teach him how to make easy pies to impress his date. What sort of friend will I be if I don’t oblige.
Bacon Chilli Pies Recipe Video
Thank you for reading my Chilli Bacon Pie recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Here is how to make this Bacon Chilli Pie recipe. Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try The Easiest Ever Bacon Chilli Pies! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
The Easiest Ever Bacon Chilli Pies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices smoked bacon I used spoiltpig smoked bacon, diced
- 2 spring onions diced
- 500 g (1.1lb) tomato salsa
- 400 g (14oz) tin of borlotti beans rinsed and drained
- 8 large Yorkshire puddings
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / gas 6.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the bacon till done. Remove the bacon and set aside somewhere warm.
- Add spring onions into the same pan and cook for 1 min, then stir in the tomato salsa, beans and bacon. Mix well, bring to the boil, cover and then simmer for 12 mins. Switch of the heat.
- Place the Yorkshire puddings in a baking tray and fill them with the bacon chilli mixture.
- Bake the puddings in the hot oven for 6 mins, take out, top with avocadoes and greens, before serving.