Air Fryer fanatics, this post is for you! This handy Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet eliminates the guesswork and gives you all sorts of helpful air fryer cooking time information in one easy-to-reference page. Yeap, cooking up your favourite dishes with the air fryer just got a whole lot simpler.
Air fryers are soooooo versatile. You can use them to cook pretty much anything you would typically make using an oven, microwave, deep fryer, or on the stovetop. The air fryer makes it easy to cook up all sorts of dishes in less time and with less oil, fat, and calories overall. It really is a little kitchen miracle.
There is one hurdle to air fryer cooking, that even those of us who have been on the air fryer bandwagon for a while now still struggle with. And that is how to adjust your favorite recipes for cooking with the air fryer. How many times have you found yourself asking: How long should I cook this? And at what temperature?
Well folks, I happy to say that I have the answers those questions. My handy Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet takes the guesswork out of air fryer cooking and gives you all of the important information you need, in one easy-to-reference page.
Sign up below to gain instant access to my printables library, where you can download the printable version of this handy cheat sheet. You’ll also receive all my latest air fryer emails. #airfryerforthewin
When referencing the cooking times, it is important to note that air fryer temperatures do vary depending on the make and model. Which is why I recommend starting out with less cook time, checking your food for doneness. and then adding more time as needed.
Safety Tip: when cooking meats, please remember to always check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached a safe temperature.
Air Fryer Cooking Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make these recipes.
- This Air Fryer is perfect for cooking your food.
- This 13 piece air fryer accessories kit.
- Use these measuring teaspoons for your seasonings.
- You need this awesome sharp knife for cutting your ingredients.
- Use this fun and colourful cutting board.
- These handy mixing bowls are good for mixing up ingredients.
- I love these tongs for turning food in the air fryer.
- Bowls with covers.
- Store leftover food in these bowls.
- Check out this list of must-have Air Fryer essentials.
- Try my favorite spice kit for different flavours on your recipes.
- Sea Salt Flakes <= amazing salt that makes your food taste good.
What Makes The Air Fryer So Popular?
Air fryers work by circulating hot air that contains fine oil droplets around the food to produce a crunchy, crispy exterior. And it requires just a small amount of oil (we’re talking anything from a light spray to a tablespoon) to achieve a similar taste and texture to deep-fried foods.
This means that air fried foods have a lower fat content and less calories overall, which makes it a healthier way to cook up and enjoy those formerly ‘off limits’ fried food favourites.
Tips for Air Fryer Cooking
- Shake the basket or actually turn the food over halfway through the total cook time. This will help to ensure the food cooks evenly on all sides.
- Make sure there is enough room. Spread out your food (no touching!) and do not overload the basket. This is especially important when cooking meats. Do not be tempted to stack them on top of each other.
- If your air fryer comes with a rack, by all means use it. It will allow hot air to flow underneath your food, which helps it cook evenly and take less time.
Cooking Frozen Foods in the Air Fryer
When cooking packaged frozen foods from the grocery store, you can’t just follow the instructions on the package. Air fryers are more intense than a regular oven. And since they circulate heat around all sides of your food, they cook at a faster rate than traditional ovens.
A general rule of thumb for adjusting packaged frozen foods instructions:
- reduce the temperature by 50 F (10 C) .
- reduce the overall cook time by approximately 20 percent.
Let’s use frozen french fries as an example. The package instructions are to cook the fries in a 450 F oven for 20 mins, so you will want to set the air fryer to 400 F with a cook time of 16 mins. And since you’ll need to shake the basket at least once during the cooking process, you can monitor the progress and the adjust the total cook time as needed.
Looking for some air fryer inspiration? Then you’ll want to check out my round up of more than 20 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes that are all under 425 calories per serving.
And for those following the Weight Watchers program, or for anyone interested in healthy low-calorie eating, this collection of WW Zero Point Air Fryer Recipes is sure to become your go-to resource. Each recipe is quick, easy and contains zero WW points.
Meal Planning With The Air Fryer
Yeap, it is possible to cook up a entire month’s worth of delicious meals using only the Air Fryer! My Air Fryer Meal Plan includes 4 full weeks of main dishes, plus 4 breakfasts, 4 sides, and even 4 delectable air fryer desserts.
14 Must Have Air Fryer Accessories
You’ll find something for all the air fryer lovers in your life (including yourself) on this list of must-have air fryers and air fryer accessories! Post also includes 5 essential air fryer cookbooks and unique gift ideas.
Even More Great Air Fryer Recipes
Thank you for reading my Air Fryer Cooking Times post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.