These easy peel Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are perfect for breakfast, healthy snacks, meal prep and as a protein-packed breakfast on the go.
These are Low Carb, Keto, Whole 30, and Gluten Free (GF, LC, K, W30). Weight Watchers points included.
Can You Hard Boil Eggs In Air Fryer?
Wondering about making making hard boiled eggs in an air fryer? All that’s needed is to simply place the eggs on the wire rack that came with your air fryer, set it, and walk away. Peeps, it really incredibly easy and just that simple!
So, yes you can – without actually using boiling water. Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are an awesome thing and great for snacking, breakfast, throwing into salads, meal prep and more. The recipe worked perfectly and is great to eat for breakfast, brunch or dinner tonight.
Easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Making these easy peel Air Fryer Boiled Eggs is muuuuuch easier and more convenient than the traditional method. No waiting for the water to boil. And no draining hot water, hoping the eggs don’t crack during the process. This recipe worked perfectly everytime.
Why Make This Recipe
- Simple to make, that kiddoes can make their own eggs for breakfast.
- They are fail-proof and always peel easily.
- These are the perfect way to start the day for the entire family.
- They are low in calories, gluten free and protein-packed.
- They are a zero WW Blue Plan SmartPoints breakfast.
So, are you ready to learn how to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer? Then gather up those eggs and I will show you….
How To Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Preheat air fryer to to 250 degrees F / 120 degrees C
- Place the wire grill rack in the air fryer basket and set the room temperature eggs straight on top.
- Start cooking and continue for 16 minutes.
- Remove eggs from air fryer and immediately after they are finished cooking submerge them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Once fully cooled, remove from cold water, peel, discard egg shells and serve. Or you can store the unpeeled eggs in the fridge up to one week.
Make This In The Instant Pot
Want to make this in the pressure cooker? Then head on over to the Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs post for all the tips and tricks.
- This recipe timing requires you to preheat the air fryer before air frying, because my model can preheat. But as model vary, that depends on if your air fryer needs to preheating or not, so check your model.
- Make sure your eggs don’t have any cracks before you start Air Frying or they will leak.
- Might be worth cooking one egg the first time to test how these work in your Air Fryer.
- Cooling unpeeled hard boiled eggs them in the ice bath helps eggs peel easily. You can also run the eggs under cold water to stop the cooking process. This helps then not get over cooked. I have always found that these peeled easily. room temperature eggs
- Don’t cook too many eggs at one time. If you want to cook more than 4 eggs at a time, you may need to increase the overall cook time to allow them all to cook thoroughly.
- Don’t overfill the air fryer basket. Cook in a single layer so the hot air circulates and the eggs cook evenly.
- Air Fryers temperatures can vary based on the make and model, so it cooking time may take some adjusting to get the timing just right. I recommend starting off with less time and then adding more time if needed to get to your preferred level of doneness.
Storage and Meal Prep
Store – Your cooled unpeeled air fryer boiled eggs can be kept in and air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. If peeled, then store them in a water filled container for 3-4 days.
Folks, Air Fryer boiled Eggs are an ideal meal prep ingredient. Make them ahead of time and store in the fridge to eat on their own and use them in an egg salad, sandwiches, and all sorts of other recipes all week long!
- You can easily make Deviled eggs, serve them with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Add them to these Healthy Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Cook hard boiled eggs in the air fryer then use make this delectable Indian Egg Curry recipe.
- Make some awesome Sour Creme Deviled Eggs.
- Dice them up and add to my Gluten Free Red Potato Salad.
- Make a tasty Radish, Avocado and Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich for a quick and healthy lunch.
How About Making Soft Boiled Eggs
- For a softer yolk cook eggs for 12-13 minutes.
- As air fryer temperatures vary you may need to test them the first time you cook them and cook them a little more or a little less to your liking.
Best Way To Peel Eggs
- Gently crack the eggs and on your counter and then roll them on the counter so the shell fractures all over.
- Add the cracked eggs into a bowl of water, and start peeling from the bottom (flatter end) which normally has an air pocket.
- Peel till done and serve or store.
More Zero Points Air Fryer Recipes:
Here are even more air fryer recipes, and each one contains zero WW points:
- Air Fryer Breakfast Frittata.
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese.
- Air Fryer Donuts.
- Air fryer Chicken Breast.
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Easy Instant Pot Egg Bites.
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs.
Weight Watchers Points
These are a Zero Blue Plan SmartPoints food!
- An awesome Air Fryer.
- Mixing bowls for cooling your egg.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Trusty tongs.
- Meal prep bowls for storing.
Originally published Nov 2019.
Thank you for reading my Air Fry Eggs recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Get the Air Fryer Hard Boiled Egg Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 eggs
- Preheat air fryer to to 250F / 120C.
- Place the wire rack in the air fryer basket and set the eggs on top.
- Cook for 16 minutes.
- Remove eggs from air fryer and immediately submerge them in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled, peel and serve. Or you can store the unpeeled eggs in the fridge up to one week.
- For a softer yolk cook for 12-13 minutes.
- Make sure your eggs don’t have any cracks before you start cooking in the Air Fryer or they will leak.
- Might be worth cooking a couple of eggs the first time to test how these work in your Air Fryer.
- Cooling them in the ice bath helps them peel easily.
- Air Fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, so it may take some adjusting to get the timing just right.
- I recommend starting off with less time and then adding more time if needed to get to your preferred level of doneness.
- If you want to cook more than 4 eggs at a time, you may need to increase the overall cook time to allow them all to cook thoroughly.