An easy super food almond oats porridge recipe that is great for breakfast esp when topped with pomegranate seeds or other fruit. It is also a guide on how to make porridge.
I have been feeling a little bit under the weather recently. Lots and lots to do in a limited amount of time.
Being laid up was actually rather nice. The sort of laid up that involved lots of cuppas and butternut squash soup from OH and hugs and well designed (talent passed down from their creative aunts) cards from the kiddoes.
Plus a whooooooooooole lot of time immersed in the Good Wife. Short note to Josh Charles – I love you. You go well with tea and recharge time. Thank you. Just don’t tell OH.
This easy super food almond porridge made with almond milk, ground almonds and pomegranate was was just the thing for a recharge. Plus your dairy free, sugar free, gluten free and vegan friends would love breakfast at your house.
Well folks, I give you the Josh Charles competing almond milk oats topped with scrumptious pomegranate seeds.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Almond Porridge with Pomegranate! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Almond Porridge with Pomegranate
- 160 g (5.5oz) porridge oats
- 950 ml (4 cups) almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- Put the porridge oats, almond milk and salt in the saucepan over medium heat and mix well.
- Bring porridge to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 5 - 6 mins stirring regularly till you get a creamy porridge. Add in the ground almonds and stir for 30 secs.
- Ladle the porridge into bowls and top with maple syrup (if using) and pomegranate seeds.