A warming anchovy, chilli and sweet potato gratin recipe.
Sometimes nothing but good, simple, warming food will do.
Like layers and layers and layers of sweet potato slices
interspersed with chopped up anchovies
and crunchy chilli sauce
all covered in whole milk
and baked till it is all ooey goey caramelised.
The perfect Thanksgiving dish or Christmas side dish right?
Need I say more?
Here is my anchovy, chilli and sweet potato gratin recipe. Enjoy every mouthful.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Anchovy, Chilli and Sweet Potato Gratin! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Anchovy, Chilli and Sweet Potato Gratin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 large medium sweet potato sliced
- 8 anchovy fillets chopped up
- 2 large spring onions (scallions) sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or 1 tsp crunchy oil chilli sauce
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / gas 6.
- Lightly oil a cast iron frying pan.
- Add a layer sweet potato and top with some anchovies, chilli and spring onions.
- Then repeat with more layers until all the ingredients are gone.
- Pour the milk and cream over the mixture, cover with some foil and bake at for 40 mins.
- Then remove the foil and bake uncovered for about 25 mins until done and tops nicely caramelised.
- Let it sit for about 15 mins for the juices to thicken even further before serving.
If you like this recipe the why not check out the other recipes below.
Sweet potato and ham dauphinoise by Kavey Eats.
Sweet potato and fresh ginger protein balls by Veggie Desserts.
Sweet potato hummus by The Botanical Baker.
Cauliflower rice and jerk sweet potato in coconut by Tin and Thyme.
Sweet potato, coconut and chickpea curry by Planet Veggie.
Sticky baked sweet potatoes by Family Friends Food.
Sweet potato and celeriac cottage pie by Lovely Appetite.