One of the joys of living where I do is that I can wake up and make crazy fun breakfast plans.
Plans like whisking everyone along with some hazelnut apple muffins, coffee, children’s tea blankets and hot water bottles (British summer and all that) to Aldeburgh beach. I mean hello waterside breakfast on one of Suffolk’s finest beaches. We only live once folks.
We hang out, bond as a family, have the requisite hand holding walk up and down the sea wall, we take pictures of pretty houses and share on my instagram stream, and then get buried under a ton of pebbles with only our heads sticking out. Fun, fun, fun. And just before we leave we buy some freshly caught fish from one of the many fishermen huts lining the beach.
This simple summery garlic, chilli and wild rocket (arugula) pasta is a meal by itself. It is quick to make, healthy and suitable for vegans. Plus you can easily substitute in other greens like spinach or watercress. Ticks a lot of boxes.
But it also goes perfectly with a side of grilled fish. Worth going to Aldeburgh beach just so I have an excuse to come back and serve this pasta and fish for lunch.
Here is my easy to make garlic, chilli and wild rocket pasta.
Below are some other pasta recipes you might like.
Warm chicken, mung, rocket and couscous salad from Coffee and Vanilla.
Red pepper and chard pesto from Baking Queen 74.
Rocket and mozzarella farfalle salad from Tinned Tomatoes.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Garlic and Wild Rocket Pasta! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Garlic and Wild Rocket Pasta
- 400 g spaghetti (egg free noodles if vegan)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 tsp mild chilli finely chopped
- 300 g wild rocket (arugula)
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the garlic and chilli and for 1-2 mins until the garlic just starts turning golden.
- Then quickly mix in the rocket and fry for about 1 min until wilted.
- Add in the pasta and tamari soy sauce and mix until all the pasta is well coated and serve.