Some nights you just want simple. Simple as in this creamy Mushroom Asparagus Pasta recipe.
The sort of Mushroom Asparagus Pasta recipe that I can whip up in a jiffy, when I have a rather unexpected and very welcome date. Freddy took the day off work and since the kids were at school, I had no major deadlines and the sun and was out, we decided to have an indulgent ‘us’ day.
So we went for a rather long walk like we used to pre-kids. The walk that took us through fields full of oilseed rape and barley, through meadows full of sheep with their not so newborn lambs that I was convinced looked at me a bit funny, via woods completely carpeted by bluebells (they are purple not blue).
We continued along woods completely covered in wild garlic, thought the kissing gate (the one Freddy always opens for me with a kiss), along hedges lined with stunning stag head oaks and all the way back home.
I missed those walks and being able to enjoy the stunning countryside just because.
When we finally stumbled back in, I wanted to cook us a quick easy meal – so out came the mushrooms, spring onions, asparagus, orange juice, stock, cheese and cream… and about 20 mins later lunch aka a creamy asparagus mushroom pasta was ready. So, so good.
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta is a Lighter Pasta
I wanted this to be a healthier Mushroom Asparagus Pasta so I replaced half of the cream with stock. It still worked really, really well.
How to Make Mushroom Asparagus Pasta Gluten-Free
It’s so easy to make this into a gluten-free pasta dish. Simply replace the regular pasta with the gluten-free pasta of your choice.
More Asparagus Recipes
If you are interested in more asparagus recipes why not check out this asparagus macaroni cheese, asparagus shakshuka, creamy asparagus risotto and this roasted orange, asparagus and quinoa salad. So much choice for you.
More Mushroom Recipes
If you like mushroom you could try this creamy orange mushroom pasta, Tanzanian inspired mushroom curry, creamy orange polenta with an orange mushroom sauce, 10 min weeknight mushroom ramen and grilled portobello mushroom steaks with an apricot and mango salsa. Yeap, there are a whole lot of asparagus recipes and mushroom recipes on this blog.
How to Make Mushroom Asparagus Pasta
Thank you for reading my Mushroom Asparagus Pasta recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Here is how to make this asparagus mushroom pasta recipe. Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta is creamy, healthy and ready in a jiffy.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) pasta
- 150 g asparagus, woody stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g (8.8oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 180 ml (0.75 cup) vegetable stock
- 180 ml (0.75 cup) double cream
- 100 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp orange juice (good quality orange juice)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of chopped coriander (cilantro)
Cook the pasta according to packet directions. About 4 mins before the pasta is done add in the asparagus. When the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for about 10 mins until soft.
- Add in the spring onion and garlic and cook for a couple of mins
- Reduce the heat to low, add the vegetable stock followed by the cream and mix until well combined, bring to a simmer before adding in the Parmesan cheese and mixing till melted. Stir in the orange juice.
- Mix in the pasta and asparagus, season well and switch off the heat.
- Top with the coriander before serving.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free pasta.