Some nights you just want simple. Simple as in this creamy Mushroom Asparagus Pasta recipe.
The sort of Asparagus Mushroom recipe that anyone can whip up in a jiffy (And I show you how to easily cook it further below), which makes it the perfect quick pasta recipe for any weeknight, impromptu drop-ins and for asparagus, mushroom and pasta lovers. This recipe gives you a restaurant quality pasta dish in the comfort of your very own home.
So recently I have a rather unexpected and very welcome date. Freddy took the day off work and since the kids were at school, I had no major deadlines and the sun and was out, we decided to have an indulgent ‘us’ day.
So we went for a rather long walk like we used to pre-kids. The walk that took us through fields full of oilseed rape and barley, through meadows full of sheep with their not so newborn lambs that I was convinced looked at me a bit funny, via woods completely carpeted by bluebells (they are purple not blue).
We continued along woods completely covered in wild garlic, thought the kissing gate (the one Freddy always opens for me with a kiss), along hedges lined with stunning stag head oaks and all the way back home.
I missed those walks and being able to enjoy the stunning countryside just because.
When we finally stumbled back in, I wanted to cook us a quick easy meal – so out came the mushrooms, spring onions, asparagus, orange juice, stock, cheese and cream… and about 20 mins later lunch aka a creamy asparagus mushroom pasta recipe was done. So, so good.
(Fun fact: This is one of my most popular posts, having been pinned over 125,000 times on Pinterest. I guess I’m not the only one who loves really good and really easy pasta recipes.)
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
- This cutting board set is great for slicing your mushrooms and asparagus.
- This awesome knife set will make slicing your mushrooms dream.
- Some measuring jugs or cups or measuring teaspoons will be handy too.
- Dont forget a colander and saucepan for cooking your pasta.
- Grab hold of a frying pan and a silicon turner and cook away.
How to Make Mushroom Asparagus Pasta
Cook the pasta in a saucepan according to packet directions. About 4 mins before the pasta is done add in the asparagus. When the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
Sauté the mushrooms in a frying pan until soft.
Add the spring onion and garlic and cook.
Reduce the heat and add the vegetable stock and cream and simmer.
Mix in the Parmesan cheese till melted and stir in the orange juice.
Mix in the pasta and asparagus and season well.
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta is a Lighter Pasta
I wanted this to be a healthier Mushroom Asparagus Pasta so I replaced half of the cream with stock. It still worked really, really well.
How to Make Mushroom Asparagus Pasta Gluten-Free
It’s so easy to make this into a gluten-free pasta dish. Simply replace the regular pasta with the gluten-free pasta of your choice.
More Asparagus Recipes
If you are interested in more asparagus recipes why not check out this asparagus macaroni cheese, asparagus shakshuka, creamy asparagus risotto and this roasted orange, asparagus and quinoa salad. So much choice for you.
More Mushroom Recipes
If you like mushroom you could try this creamy orange mushroom pasta, Tanzanian inspired mushroom curry, creamy orange polenta with an orange mushroom sauce, 10 min weeknight mushroom ramen and grilled portobello mushroom steaks with an apricot and mango salsa. Yeap, there are a whole lot of asparagus recipes and mushroom recipes on this blog.
How to Make Mushroom Asparagus Pasta
Thank you for reading my Mushroom Asparagus Pasta recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Post previously published May 2017.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Mushroom Asparagus Pasta! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Mushroom Asparagus Pasta
- 250 g (8.8 oz) pasta
- 150 g asparagus, woody stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g (8.8oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 180 ml (0.75 cup) vegetable stock
- 180 ml (0.75 cup) double cream
- 100 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp orange juice (good quality orange juice)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of chopped coriander (cilantro)
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions. About 4 mins before the pasta is done add in the asparagus. When the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for about 10 mins until soft.
- Add in the spring onion and garlic and cook for a couple of mins
- Reduce the heat to low, add the vegetable stock followed by the cream and mix until well combined, bring to a simmer before adding in the Parmesan cheese and mixing till melted. Stir in the orange juice.
- Mix in the pasta and asparagus, season well and switch off the heat.
- Top with the coriander before serving.