Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies are fudgy, moist, and delicious vegan brownies that don’t taste a bit like avocado (promise). This is the healthy brownie recipe you NEED and you will not be able to stop at just one. Post Includes Weight Watchers Points.
I know what you might be thinking.
Avocado? In a brownie? Why ruin a good brownie?
Peeps, trust me on this one. These avocado brownies don’t taste a bit like avocado (just like these Chocolate Cauliflower Ice Lollies don’t taste like cauliflower… promise). Nope, they’re just sweet, fudgy, and delicious brownies that you’ll want to eat down to the last crumb.
They were so good that I’m having a hard time looking at the photos whilst writing this blog post. I really want to jump out of my chair, race to the kitchen, and make them again – without anyone else knowing so I can have them all to myself. Just me, a cozy spot, Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies, and a good book. Sounds like complete bliss.
Before I get too caught up in my dreamy brownies-and-a-book daydream, let’s talk about exactly why I chucked two whole green fruits (yes, avocados are fruits, not veg) into a sweet brownie recipe…
Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies – Why Avocado?
Reason #1: It’s Veganuary. Veganuary, if you haven’t heard, is a campaign that encourages people to go vegan for the month of January. I thought I’d do my part by whipping up some delicious vegan eats, like Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies.
Reason #2: Avocados make the perfect butter or oil substitute in baked goods. To make these brownies vegan, I couldn’t use butter, so avocados were the perfect choice. (This also means these are dairy free brownies.)
Reason #3: Using avocados lowers the calorie count. Butter has about 4 times the calories compared to an equal amount of avocado. Let’s face it, most of us could do with fewer calories in our daily diets.
Reason #4: It makes the brownie texture perfection. Baked goods made with avocado are soft and moist and amazing. Fewer calories with a better texture… sounds almost too good to be true (but it’s not).
Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies: What You Need
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
A quick list of items you will need to make this recipe.
- Mixing bowls.
- A fork
- Silicon spoon.
- Silicon baking tray.
- Measuring jugs or cups and measuring teaspoons.
- Oven mitts.
How to Make These Vegan and Dairy Free Brownies – Step by Step
I looove how easy it is to make these vegan and dairy free brownies, and I think you will too.
Step 1. Mash your beautiful green avocados in a bowl.
Step 2. Add sugar, oil, almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix with your spoon until combined.
Step 3. Next, mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined.
Step 4. Pour brownie batter into the silicon tray before baking.
Step 5. Bake for 27-30 mins (careful not to overcook) and remove from oven.
Step 6. Let brownies cool completely before sprinkling freeze-dried raspberries on top.
Step 7. Enjoy your fudgy vegan brownies.
How to make Avocado Brownies low carb version (keto version)
Looking for low carb avocado brownies? Well, you can simply make the following swaps to the recipe.
- Swap the plain flour for almond flour
- Swap the sugar for a sweetener like erythritol
- Swap the oil for coconut oil
Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of these Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies.
Try These Vegan Brownies Too
If you like Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies, you should also try my vegan Peanut Butter Banana Brownies. More peanut butter-infused brownies and more bliss.
Or try these (Non-vegan) Creme Egg Brownies.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie made with only 6 ingredients.
Thank you for reading my Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get the Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies
- 2 ripe avocados
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil canola oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter, warmed to stirring consistency in microwave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 90 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp almond flakes
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C /350°F/180°C and lightly oil a 23 X 23 cm (9 inch by 9 inch) baking tray. (Silicon is good for this.)
- Mash the avocados in a large bowl using a fork.
- Then add in the sugar, oil, almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Then mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared baking tray, then scatter almond flakes on the top.
- Bake for approximately 27-30 minutes, until brownie starts shrinking away from the sides of the tin, the centre feels a bit springy and a skewer inserted comes out cleanly. Careful not to overcook – the brownie will firm up as they cool down).
- Take brownies out of oven and allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Sprinkle on the freeze-dried raspberries before cutting and serving.
- Avocados make the perfect butter or oil substitute in baked goods. To make these brownies vegan, I couldn’t use butter, so avocados were the perfect choice. (This also means these are dairy free brownies.)
- Using avocados lowers the calorie count. Butter has about 4 times the calories compared to an equal amount of avocado. Let’s face it, most of us could do with fewer calories in our daily diets.
Cheesy Instant Pot Scalloped How To Dice Chicken Breast: 10 Different Steps
Potatoes come in a creamy sauce with a golden top and a decadent make-ahead side or main dish.