Fact: It is time for me to host another girls night. Translation – Since I am providing dessert, I had to double test (:D) these Baileys baked doughnuts, topped with a Baileys glaze and finished off with a huge helping of sprinkles. Result: Five very happy girls and an even happier me.
These doughnuts are so easy to make that I really do not understand why I have never made them before. You pretty much mix the wet ingredients (Baileys, egg, buttermilk and butter) into the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar), bung them into a doughnut tin and 15 mins later they are all done.
So for your next girls night, brunch or party can I tempt you to make these delicious baked doughnuts flavoured with Baileys. Sprinkles are optional.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Baked Baileys Doughnuts with a Baileys Glaze (and Sprinkles)! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Baked Baileys Doughnuts with a Baileys Glaze (and Sprinkles)
For the Baileys glaze
- 150 g (1 cup) icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tbsp Baileys
- Sprinkles to top
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil a 6 cup doughnut tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and Baileys before adding in the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is just combined.
- Using a spoon, add the batter in the doughnut cups until they are three quarters full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 13-15 mins until a toothpick comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan before transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze when the doughnuts are cool.
- Add the icing sugar and 2 tbsp of baileys into a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Add another tbsp of Baileys as necessary so you end up with a thick but dipable glaze.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze, top with sprinkles and allow the glaze to set for 30 mins before serving.
Some facts and recipes.
Baileys is a unique blend of Irish Whiskey, fresh diary cream, vanilla and chocolate essences.
Over 2,300 glasses of BAILEYS® Original Irish Cream are consumed every minute of every day.
This recipe has a total of 1.8 units of alcohol in it. The NHS recommendation is that you do not regularly exceed 3-4 units for men and 2-3 units for women a day.
Luxurious Baileys triple chocolate trifle from A Mummy Too.
Chocolate Baileys cupcakes from Maison Cupcake.
Baileys marbled chocolate ice cream by Tin and Thyme.
Baileys pistachio and cranberry fudge by Foodie Quine.
Baileys chocolate lasagne by The Crazy Kitchen.
Baileys double chocolate mousse with toasted hazelnuts by Lavender and Lovage.
Baileys cream pie by Munchies and Munchkins.
Do pop over to the Baileys recipe page for more ways to cook with Baileys. Thanks for supporting the sponsors who help make Recipes From A Pantry Happen.
Please pin me: