I have been meaning to make these baked matcha doughnuts for ever. Especially as I need to boost my energy levels during this hectic summer period of early waking kiddoes. So what better way to start breakfast than with healthier baked doughnuts combined with super healthy green tea matcha (which is also high in antioxidants)? So when a Goen matcha kit landed on my doorstep, I knew it was time to get baking.
Goen Matcha is a newly launched UK based company who serve up matcha from a tiny traditional tea garden in Kyoto. They pride themselves in having very fresh matcha as they only order micro batch quantities, which are shipped within 24 hrs of milling before being stored in the perfect temperature controlled environment.
The matcha kit is beautifully presented and includes everything you need to enjoy your very own matcha ritual. I particularly love the accompanying hand signed note and the Japanese goen which is used as a symbol of good luck or the wish to establish a good relationship with someone. The kit bag is also reusable, eco friendly and gorgeous.
Goen Matcha are kindly offering my lovely readers £5 off their very own kit with the code GoenWithBintu. So do pop over and treat yourself.
I have been experimenting with matcha muffins and smoothies and hope to share these with you in the future. But today, it is all about these ‘I am ready to face the world’ healthier baked matcha doughnuts.
Do pop over to the Goen Matcha site to find out more. You can also buy items individually. Thanks for for supporting the sponsors who help make Recipes From A Pantry happen.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Baked Matcha Doughnuts - Introducing Goen Matcha! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Baked Matcha Doughnuts - Introducing Goen Matcha
- 140 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 70 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1-2 tsp Goen matcha
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter cooled
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil a 6 cup doughnut tin.
- Combine the flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk and egg before mixing in the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is just combined.
- Using a spoon, add the batter in the doughnut cups until they are about three quarters full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 13-15 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan before transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.