Easter recipe : Nutella Crème Egg Doughnuts
So you know my last post was a Cadbury Crème Egg peanut butter and Nutella cake with a nutella icing? Well what do you do when you have left over Nutella and left over Cadbury Crème Eggs from that cake? Make Nutella and Crème egg doughnuts of course.
Ok so it is simple. First make a . One of the best thing about these doughnuts is that the glaze is simple melted Nutella. Yeap, melt it in the microwave, dip doughnuts, sprinkle on some crushed Cadbury Crème Eggs and eat. Easy peasy.
Here is how to make Nutella Crème Egg Doughnuts. Hope you like them.
Ps if you need some more crème egg and Easter recipe inspiration then do check out these other recipes below.
PPS – this is the second post in my pantry staple spotlight on Creme Eggs. Please be sure to check the other Creme Egg recipe out.
- 140 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 70 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted Nutella
- 2 tbsp melted butter cooled
- 5 tbsp melted nutella, For the Nutella glaze
- Crème eggs crushed
- Mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil two 6 cup doughnut tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and nutella before adding in the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is just combined.
- Using a spoon, add the batter in to 8 doughnut cups until they are three quarters full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 13-15 mins until a toothpick comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan before transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts into the melted Nutella, turn them over and sprinkle on some crushed Crème eggs and mini eggs.
Other Cadbury Creme egg recipes.
Cadbury Creme Egg Sundae from The Hedgecombers
Cadbury Creme egg pancakes from Foodie Quine