Mother’s Day Recipe – baked peanut butter Nutella doughnuts.
Hey lovely readers. What are you guys going to be whipping up for mum on Mother’s Day?
When Waitrose, as part of their #ThanksMum campaign, asked me that very same question, it was rather easy to come up with an answer. If we were in the same country, I would whip her these baked peanut butter Nutella doughnuts. I think time for a skype session, some baked doughnuts and rather a lot of tissues.
Yes we used to make lovely fried peanut butter doughnuts Sierra Leone style that we would later eat followed by a large helping of ice cold ginger beer. I miss home. I have change her recipe to make them baked doughnuts instead, which I prefer now and I have added in some Nutella because everything tastes a little bit better with Nutella.
And for all you foodies out there how about this? From now until the 6th March, share a picture of your mums favourite dish on social media using the hashtag #ThanksMum on social media You would be in the with chance to win some fab prizes from Waitrose such flowers, hampers or even a cooking course at the Waitrose cookery school. All the more goodies to treat mum to.
In the mean time, if you are need some inspiration, then head over to Waitrose’s page and browse throught their Mother’ Day recipe idea. They have got your back.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Baked Peanut butter Nutella Doughnuts
- 140 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 70 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp melted Nutella
- 2 tbsp melted butter cooled
- 5 tbsp melted nutella, For the Nutella glaze
- Sprinkles to top
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil two 6 cup doughnut tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, peanut butter and nutella before adding in the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is just combined.
- Using a spoon, add the batter in to 8 doughnut cups until they are three quarters full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 13-15 mins until am inserted skewer comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan before transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts into the melted Nutella, turn them over and cover then in sprinkles.
Please pin me :