Peeps, I want you to sit back and envision your perfect day. (But don’t close your eyes because you need to keep reading this blog.)
Who would you be with? Your family, your best mates or maybe just some solitary bliss?
What would you do? Visit a museum, walk on the beach, take a nap, lunch in the park with your kiddoes?
What would you eat? Wait — I know the answer to that one. You would eat Baked Peanut Butter Nutella Donuts (Nutella Doughnuts) because everyone eats Baked Peanut Butter Nutella Donuts on their perfect day, right??
I don’t know how you couldn’t. Baked, peanut butter and Nutella-infused doughnuts dipped in a Nutella glaze with sprinkles on top… that is mandatory perfect day-eating right there. An even more perfect day would probably consist of eating one Baked Peanut Butter Nutella Donut (preferably with a cup of iced cardamom coffee), taking a short break to do other blissful activities, then eating another Baked Peanut Butter Nutella Donut.
Back in Sierra Leone, we used to make lovely fried peanut butter doughnuts Sierra Leone style that we would later eat followed by a large helping of ice cold ginger beer. Every time I eat peanut butter doughnuts, I miss home.
This recipe is actually my mum’s recipe that I have adapted a bit. (Thanks, mum.) I have changed her recipe to make them baked doughnuts instead, which I prefer now and I have added in some Nutella because tastes a little bit better with Nutella. (Except maybe broccoli…)
If you loooove Nutella like I do, you might want to check out my Bacon And Nutella Stuffed Waffles, Baked Nutella Cadbury Crème Egg Doughnuts (the ‘sister recipe’ to this one) and Crème Egg Nutella Cake With A Nutella Frosting. Oh happy Nutella-eating.
Why You’ll Love Baked Peanut Butter Nutella Donuts (Nutella Doughnuts)
They’re infused with peanut butter and Nutella. They don’t just get their incredible flavour from the glaze — nope, the peanut butter and Nutella are also infused into the doughnuts before baking.
The Nutella glaze is easy to make. I didn’t whip up some complicated glaze here. It’s just melted Nutella… and it is soooo good.
They have SPRINKLES. I don’t care if you are 5 or 50, everyone loves sprinkles.
They are ready in about 30 mins. If a doughnut craving strikes, you’ll be ready with this recipe.
They are baked, not fried. As I mentioned, I prefer this method as it’s easier and uses less oil. I also prefer the texture of baked doughnuts. Give them a try and see what you think.
More Donut Recipes
Post originally published February 2016. Updated April 2018.
Thank you for reading my Baked Peanut Butter Nutella Donuts recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Here is how to make this Nutella doughnuts recipe. Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Donuts infused with peanut butter and Nutella and dipped in a melted Nutella glaze.
- 140 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 70 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp melted Nutella
- 2 tbsp melted butter cooled
- 5 tbsp melted Nutella, For the Nutella glaze
- Sprinkles to top
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil two 6 cup doughnut tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, peanut butter and nutella before adding in the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is just combined.
- Using a spoon, add the batter in to 8 doughnut cups until they are three quarters full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 13-15 mins until am inserted skewer comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan before transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts into the melted Nutella, turn them over and cover then in sprinkles.