So, I am just going to put this out there.
These will be the best baked sweet potato fries of your life. Seriously.
These are lip smacking, smoky paprika’y’, just one more sweet potato fry good. And since they are baked, they are guilt free in my book. So I have them as a snack, served along some burgers or as a dinner side. And emmm, well when ever really.
Plus lets chat about some other good bits.
- They are baked – guilt free.
- Sweet potatoes are apparently full of the good carbohydrates – Ok, so even more guilt free.
- Kiddoes love them – veggies in their belly.
- You can change the taste with various spices – hot, hot, hot.
- And they taste good – yeap.
And believe it or not I love serving these with this parmesan crusted chicken.
Someone gave me some La Chinata smoked paprika powder. I love it. In my opinion it is the best smoked paprika powder I have come across and made these sweet potato fries just gorgeous.
- 450 g (1lb) sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp corn flour cornstarch
- 1 tsp smoked paprika I used La Chinata
- Salt optional
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil enough to coat potatoes
- 6 tbsp garlic mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 200C / 220C / 425F / gas 7.
- Cut the ends of the sweet potatoes, peel them and cut into fries - try and cut them into even sizes so that they cook at the same rate.
- Put potatoes into a ziplock bag (or a bowl ) add the corn flour, paprika and salt if using and shake to coat the potatoes.
- If excess flour remains at the bottom of the bag then shake it out.
- Add the oil to the potatoes and mix again till the potatoes are fully coated.
- Transfer the fries to a non stick baking tray - spreading them out in a single layer with space between them.
- Bake for about 15 mins then turn the fries over so that they cook on the other side.
- Bake for another 15 mins till they are crispy (the edges might be a little bit brown but that just adds to the sweet taste).
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5 mins.
- Mix the garlic mayonnaise and chilli sauce together till very are very well combined.
- Serve the fries with portions of the garlicky dipping sauce - omit the mayonnaise if serving vegans.
- The best baked sweet potato fries ever.
If your fries are thinly cut they might need a little less time in the oven. Feel free to add other spices or reduce the paprika to your taste.