The thought process behind these roasted strawberry muffins went something like this. I would like some roasted strawberries. Oh wait, how about roasting strawberries with balsamic vinegar? But first I need to make some muffins for the girls. Oh, Oh, Oh, I know, I could just add the strawberries to the muffin and make some roasted strawberry muffins. Or would they be roasted balsamic strawberry muffins?
Welcome to the sometimes uncomplicated and hunger led life of a food blogger.
And uncomplicated is sometimes very welcome. I spend a long time making so many decisions about the blog. What to post, how to photograph it, when to post it, what to name it, where best to share it etc. So if I get a muffin recipe that come together as easily as this one, then I am one happy bunny.
Rich depth of flavour from the balsamic roasted strawberries and the right amount of texture from the wholemeal four and almonds combine to make these roasted strawberry muffins the perfect morning pastry. I am talking seriously good and not too sweet morning pastry. Do not just take my word for it. Try it yourself.
Here is how to make roasted strawberry muffins worth getting out of bed for.
This is my second recipe in the pantry staple spotlight on roasted strawberries. Please be sure to check the other recipe out.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Muffins! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Muffins
For the roasted balsamic strawberries
- Mix together all the ingredients for the balsamic strawberries and spread them out on the baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 45 mins until the juice is nice and thick and the berries are semi dried. You dont want still juicy berries for these muffins.
- After they have cooled down carefully remove the strawberries into a bowl and set aside.
- The remaining juice is great eaten over some yoghurt or porridge.
- For the roasted strawberry muffins preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, almonds, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, milk, egg, vanilla and sugar until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined, then gently fold in two thirds of the strawberries so they don't break.
- Divide the muffin batter into the muffin cups, top with the remaining strawberries and bake for 22 mins or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly in the baking tin before transferring them a rack to cool completely.