What do you do when you have bananas that just have to be eaten in your pantry?
Well you make banana smoothies, banana curry and of course banana pancakes.
I cannot resist a bargain and as mini chef is a banana lover I definitely cannot resist a banana bargain. So we have ploughed our way through endless bananas for the past week but there are still 12 to go. I will not be defeated by the banana. No, no, no.
So banana pancakes it is. These remind me so much of one of my favourite Sierra Leonean breakfasts of akara which is why I think I make them lots. That and because these are quick and easy to put together from panty staples.
Vary the spices that you put in to suit your own taste. Also if you have some pancake batter left over pop it in the fridge and cook some more the next day (you might need to add in a tablespoon of milk if it is too thick).
So try this easy banana pancake recipe and please leave me a comment below to tell me what you think.
For more breakfast recipes why not try these Puff Puff.
Thank you for reading my Banana Pancakes recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Banana Pancake Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Banana pancakes! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the eggs, milk, mashed banana and honey (if using) and mix with a fork.
- Do not over mix it, stop when the ingredients are combined.
- You will be left with a thick batter. It does not matter if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the pancake for a couple of minute and when the top starts bubbling then turn over and cook the other side till it is golden.
- Serve with maple syrup, nuts or any other toppings that you prefer.