Air Fryers really are amaaaaazing. Not only do they help cook your food efficiently and with less grease, but your air fryer is one appliance that you can use with ease over and over again. Air Fryers make it entirely possible to get that crave-worthy fried taste without actually having to deep fry your food. Yeap. Good crispy food with the grease? #airfryerforthewin
Whilst it is important to know the best air fryers to consider purchasing, it’s also just as important to talk about exactly what an air fryer can do for you.
What is an air fryer?
The Air Fryer is a kitchen appliance that crisps up food with the circulation of hot air. It requires a minimal amount oil which means your food turns out far less greasy. This translates into less fat and calories overall.
Are all air fryers the same?
Well, yes and no. Most air fryers work with the same concepts, although some do have a few more bells and whistles than the other options. This guide will help you distinguish between the top air fryers.
What are the benefits of using an Air Fryer?
There are so many great benefits to using an air fryer. Here are just a few reasons for you to think about buying one!
- Air Fryers are sooooo simple to use! All you have to do is follow a few simple directions and your food will turn out perfect every single time. It’s seriously just that easy.
- They heat up quickly and are ready to use in no time at all. Think about how long your oven takes to preheat. Forever, right? With the Air Fryer, it is ready to go in just a few minutes. And that means that you’ll be enjoying your food sooner than you thought as well.
- The way that an Air Fryer is designed means it takes up minimal space in the kitchen. It s one of those appliances that doesn’t take up a ton of counter space, which is really, really nice. You can even store it in a cabinet until you’re ready to use it.
- Clean up is a breeze! No scrubbing required! All the components of the Air Fryer that need to be cleaned can be done easily in the dishwasher. Making it one handy and hassle-free kitchen appliance.
Super Simple Tips for Using Your Air Fryer
- Relax. This is one of the biggest Air Fryer tips there is! So many people tend to shy away from ever using their Air Fryer because they are nervous that they’ll just leave it sitting in the box. Don’t be that way. Read the owners manual and use online resources. You’ll find out that your Air Fryer isn’t all that difficult or complicated at all!
- Start off with a win. While you might be able to make any recipe in the Air Fryer, it’s a good idea to start off with a win instead. Make a recipe that you know, without a doubt, is going to be a success! This will give you the confidence to keep trying out new recipes as well.
- Clean it after every use. You might be tempted to get into a habit of not cleaning it as frequently…but don’t fall into that trap. Keep your Air Fryer in tip-top shape by cleaning it after each and every use. And remember, most of the parts can be cleaned in your dishwasher making it a total breeze!
Convinced that you need an Air Fryer in your life? Read on to learn all about the 5 best hot Air Fryers.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
The 5 Best Air Fryers
The Power Air Fryer Pro Oven offers 7 different ways to cook and use it, which also means that it can replace 7 different appliances that may be currently taking up space in your kitchen. This Air Fryer can grill, microwave, dehydrate, toast, deep fry, rotisserie and cook convection style with ease. How many other appliances can boost that track record?
The 8-quart capacity of the Power Air Fryer Pro Oven makes it possible to whip up an entire meal for your family by pushing a simple button. When’s the last time you made hot wings without making a massive mess? With this Air Fryer, clean up is a total breeze.
Not only does it come ready to use straight from the package, but it also comes equipped with several bonus features as well. One of the best ones is that it has a removable glass door that makes it easy to take off and clean. (You never know when those food splatters might hit).
Plus, this kitchen appliance has power! With 1500 watts, you can be certain that your food is going to be cooked perfectly and piping hot. And don’t worry, if you need some recipe ideas to help get you started, this Air Fryer comes with 3 bonus cookbooks that will give you some awesome Air Fryer recipes.
Standout features that I love about the Power Air Fryer Pro Oven:
- Powerful enough to quickly cook a wide variety of foods
- Replaces 7 other kitchen appliances that may be in your kitchen
- Has a drip tray that catches crumbs and grease
- XL crystal clear visible window lets you check on your food without opening
- It’s super simple to dehydrate food
- Also comes in a smaller 6 QT size
- All accessories are dishwasher safe
- Takes up minimal space in your kitchen and on your counter
BUY NOW Get the 8QT Power Air Fryer Pro Oven
The Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer uses powerful hot air to fry up all sorts of your favorite foods with only a tablespoon or less of oil! The patented Starfish design on the bottom of the air fryer facilitates air circulation to give you perfectly cooked, evenly fried food – with no turning required.
In addition to the heated air flow, powerful direct heat from above quickly crisps the food for delicious, golden brown results while draining off all the excess fat.
And the Philips Avance XL is a family-size fryer that has 50% more capacity than their more compact models. This means you can easily feed a family of 4 without having to air fry your food in batches.
Standout features that I love about the Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer
- TurboStar technology and design in the bottom of the pan circulates air 360° to result in the most evenly cooked food.
- Easy to use digital touchscreen comes with handy preset buttons for the most popular air fryer dishes.
- Clean up is a breeze, since the basket can go your dishwasher or be easily hand washed.
- Comes with a handy Philips Air Fryer cookbook that contains over 100 recipes.
BUY NOW Get the Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer
Cooking your fried food favorites without all the extra grease is easy with the Air Fryer by Cozyna. This air fryer uses 70 percent less oil than other fryers currently on the market. And if you think that the only thing that you can do with an Air Fryer is fry, you can also use this amazing appliance to bake, grill and roast.
You can have your french fries and roasted veggies at the same time! And most recipes call for minimal oil to be used, which means your food will have less fat and calories overall.
Worried that you won’t have any idea how to use this air fryer? Every purchase comes with 2 cookbooks that will show you how and what to make. Plus, there are even more that you can see online, too (isn’t the internet just amaaaazing?).
Whilst the Air Fryer by Cozyna may be a bit smaller at 3.7 QT, that doesn’t make it any less powerful. With 1500 watts, you can be certain that this air fryer is mighty enough to do the work.
Standout features that I love about the Air Fryer by Cozyna 3.7 QT
- Heats up to 400 degrees to really crips that food
- Cool to the touch handle so you don’t have to worry about getting burned
- Smaller capacity so it heats up quickly and is good for a quick meal for one
- 1500 Watts to ensure crisp cooking
- Dishwasher safe
BUY NOW Get the Air Fryer by Cozyna 3.7 QT
If you’re looking for an air fryer with ease of use, this is the one for you. The buttons are suuuuuper easy to see and really easy to use. Plus the Ultrean comes equipped with a timer and the option for varying temperature settings. it can power up to 400 degrees.
This air fryer has “rapid air technology” which means that it cooks the food evenly due to the use of air versus oil. You can even cook some recipes without even having to add any oil at all!
Plus the inside pan has a nonstick coating, so clean up is a total breeze. Plus, the handle is heat-resistant which helps minimise the risk of getting burned.
Smaller than a standard Air Fryer, which means this will fit nicely in all sorts of spaces.
Standout features that I love about the Ultrean 4.2 QT Air Fryer
- Has a timer that is easy to set and monitor
- Sleek and modern design
- Splatter-free cooking
- Cheaper price for budgets that still delivers great results
- Perfect size for meals for one or two
- Heats quickly for fast meals
BUY NOW Get the Ultrean 4.2 QT Air Fryer
Have you been trying to decide between a pressure cooker and an air fryer? Good news: you don’t have to choose! The Ninja Foodi is a single appliance that allows you to pressure cook, air fry, steam, broil, bake, slow cook, and dehydrate. The Foodi really is an efficient and easy to use multi-cooker.
While it is a bit larger than a typical air fryer or an Instant Pot, you ultimately save space by only having to have a single appliance on your countertop. And the patented TenderCrisp technology lets you tenderize and ensure your ingredients are fully cooked before finishing off in the crisping basket.
You can choose between the 6.5 qt Ninja Foodi, or the Ninja Foodi Deluxe 8 QT that holds an entire 7 pound chicken!
Standout features that I love about the Ninja Foodi Deluxe
- Allows you to cook proteins, grains, and veggies all at the same time and in one pot.
- The attached crisping lid makes transitioning from pressure cooking to air crisping virtually seamless.
- The non-stick ceramic coated pot is super easy to clean.
- Comes with a handy stainless steel reversible rack.
BUY NOW Get The Ninja Foodi Deluxe 8 QT Multi-Cooker
Is an Air Fryer really worth it?
Everyone buys an air fryer for different reasons. Some people are using it to become more healthy and lose weight, while others are just trying to cut back on some of the grease and fat while still getting to enjoy their favorite foods.
And then there are those that just like the appliance because it delivers stellar results without having to heat up the oven or turn on the microwave.
For a small investment, the Air Fryer pays for itself time and time again. You can literally enjoy “fried” foods with half the fat and calories and still have that same delicious taste!
Are Air Fryers Good For You?
Compared to deep frying your food, the air fryer is a good choice for you. Whilst the air fryer can only do so much in assisting in healthy eating, it does allow you to cook up healthier versions of traditional fried foods. And it makes it quick and easy to cook up a wide range of healthy dishes.
What Can You Cook in an Air Fryer?
Many people start off with foods that are would typically be deep fried, but the Air Fryer can do so much more! You can cook frozen veggies and meats right in your air fryer with ease. You can even bake your favorite cake. The sky really is the limit with it comes to cooking in the air fryer.
So if you can make it in an oven, toaster, convection oven, or microwave, it is likely that you can cook it in your Air Fryer as well. And if there is ever any doubt, simply read the owners manual to double check.
Do You Have to Put Oil into Your Air Fryer?
Not always. Some recipes call for a small amount, while others do not include any oil. I recommend that you experiment and to see what you prefer.
It is important to note that when recipes do call for oil to be added, typically only a very small amount – we’re talking only 1 or 2 tablespoons – is needed to give it that delectable crispy coating. Any more than that will result in soggy, limp and greasy food.
How Much Does an Air Fryer Cost?
As you can see from the choices above, the price can vary depending on what type, size and features. It is best to budget a minimum of about $70 up to $200.
One key factor that will affect the price is the size of the basket. It is important to determine what size of interior basket you will need. And when in doubt, it is a good idea to choose a larger size than purchase one that is too small. If you think you might need that extra space, invest in the bigger model.
And whilst every Air Fryer offers some of the same standard features, there are models that offer more options. And when those additional features are added, the price is going to be increased to reflect those options.
Which Air Fryer is Best for You?
Friends, choosing the best Air Fryer for your needs doesn’t have to be hard. I hope you find the information I have gathered on the 5 Best Air Fryers helpful and informative.
Now it is time for you to have fun deciding on the perfect Air Fryer to buy. And with these 5 great Air Fryers to choose from, I just know you find the ideal Air Fryer for you in no time at all!BUY IT NOWBUY IT NOWBUY IT NOWBUY IT NOWBUY IT NOW
Air Fryer Recipes
Already have an Air Fryer and are ready to start cooking? Then you must check out these totally amaaaaaazing Air Fryer Recipe Collections:
With thanks to the Air Fryer Brands for their images :
Thank you for reading my Top 5 Best Air Fryers Every Kitchen Needs post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.