This is simply roast butternut squash in a Greek yoghurt, Parmesan cheese and sage sauce.
I fell over the other day.
As in flat on the ground with grazes to palms and knees, holes in my jeans. I lay stunned for 5 mins.
Luckily, the street was completely empty at that hour and no one witnessed it. So I was not embarrassed as I dusted off my jeans and slowly limped away. One to uneven pavements, zero to Bintu (with a head in the clouds listening to ‘say something’ for the 5th time).
After two cups of tea and a session flipping thought the Total Greek Yoghurt Cookbook, I decided to treat myself to this butternut squash bake. It is simply baking my favourite orange vegetable in thick rich Greek yoghurt sauce flavoured with Parmesan cheese and sage. Served with some left over pork, those grazes just faded away.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Butternut Squash and Yoghurt Bake! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Butternut Squash and Yoghurt Bake
- 1 butternut squash (approx 800g, 1.7lb), peeled, deseeded and chopped into 3cm cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g (10.5oz) Total Greek yoghurt
- Small bunch of fresh sage leaves , torn
- 100 g (3.5oz) Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Place the butternut squash cubes in the baking dish, season with salt and pepper and the olive oil and mix well. Bake for 25 mins.
- Then remove the butternut squash from the oven and mix in the yoghurt and torn sage leaves before sprinkling the grated parmesan on top. Bake for about 20 mins or until the butternut squash is tender.