These Cadbury Crème Egg Nachos are easy to whip up, yet suitably decadent for Easter. You will not believe how good these are!!! These sweet nachos are sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Cadbury Crème Egg Nachos aka Cadbury Crème Eggs + easy homemade sugar vanilla tortillas + a drizzle of caramel sauce = heaven on a plate right?
I have had the idea for these Cadbury Crème Egg nachos for a long time. But I was a little bit worried about how they would turn out so I just let them cook in my brain for a year. I finally worked up the courage to make them and peeps, why oh why did I wait so long to make them.
These Cadbury Crème Egg nachos are ABSOLUTELY perfect. Perfect for the Easter celebrations coming up. And perfect for after Easter too when you start thinking about what to do with all that leftover Easter chocolate. So two things for the price of one – see I totally got your back.
I know that the Cadbury Crème Eggs need no introduction. It is Easter and you can’t escape them or the lovely little speckled chocolate eggs that the kiddoes love too. Just to put things in some perspective, I buy out my local store and have a huge stash labelled ‘kiddoes’ and a smaller stash labelled ‘mama’s compinter work’ by the kiddoes. I am over prepared for Cadbury Crème Egg madness and then some.
Homemade Sugar Vanilla Tortillas
So let me talk about the homemade sugar vanilla tortillas. These nachos really really simple and oh so easy to make. With only 4 ingredients. You take some gluten-free corn tortillas and cut them into wedges. You then mix in some melted butter, vanilla and sugar, mix and then bake in the oven for 6 mins. That IS IT.
Then just complete the nachos with some Cadbury cream eggs, some mini speckled chocolate eggs and some coconut caramel or any plain old caramel sauce that you have.
Peeps, ok I am just gonna say it here. I ate every single homemade vanilla sugar tortillas that you see in these pictures. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Seriously they were beyond addictive. I actually spoke the words, but just one more, then just one more, then just one more out aloud to myself as I finished the pile. So, so good.
Anyway, I think I need to stop talking and reiterate that these Cadbury Crème Egg nachos with a little drizzle of caramel are so easy and so finger-licking good. Basically, you need to drop EVERYTHING and make them right now.
You totally need the excuse to test them out a few times before good old Easter. As clearly you want only but the best for your guests, right? Just don’t forget to invite me along too. I could always eat another plateful or two.
Cadbury Crème Egg Recipes
Oh, and if you want more Cadbury Creme Egg recipes why not try my Crème Egg, peanut butter and Nutella cake with Nutella icing or my baked Nutella and Cadbury Creme Egg doughnuts.
Recipe video – How To Make Cadbury Crème Egg nachos
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Cadbury Crème Egg Nachos! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Cadbury Crème Egg Nachos
For the sugar vanilla tortillas
- 8 medium corn tortillas cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 g (1.8 oz) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Assemble the Cadbury crème egg nachos
- Caramel sauce
- 90 g (3 oz) Mini chocolate eggs
- 4 Cadbury crème eggs sliced
Make the sugar vanilla tortilla:
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 180C / 200c / 400F / gas 6 and line a few oven trays
- Add the tortilla wedges into a bowls with the butter, vanilla and sugar and mix until combined.
- Lay the cut wedges onto the tray in a single layer and bake these in batches for 6 mins.
- Make sure to turn the nachos half way through baking.
- When done take the nachos out of the oven and let them cool on a rack.
Assemble the Cadbury Crème Egg nachos:
- For the nachos: pile the tortilla chips onto 2 separate plates. Top with the fruit, then drizzle with the chocolate sauce. If the chocolate sauce won't pour easily, try warming it in the microwave for 15 seconds, then stir and pour. Top the nachos with whipped cream and a sprinkle of leftover cinnamon-sugar. Enjoy immediately.