Hey, a few weeks ago I raved about how Gousto would send you fresh, organic, local and seasonal ingredients of your choice from their weekly changing menu. All you then needed to do was to follow their easy step by step recipe cards to cook your own meal in your kitchen.
This melon, mint and pancetta pasta recipe is one of the ones I choose from the site. This salad has only a few ingredients but together these make a fab filling combo that is bursting with flavour. The sweet melon contrasts well with the smoky pancetta and salty feta. I have actually made this salad about 3 times since and it will be one of my summer staples. I can see this salad being a refreshingly different addition to any barbeque or summer picnic menu.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Cantaloupe Melon, Mint and Pancetta Pasta! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Cantaloupe Melon, Mint and Pancetta Pasta
- 80 g pancetta
- 200 g pasta
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon deseeded and cubed
- Handful of fresh mint chopped
- Red onion finely sliced to taste
- 50 g feta cheese cubed
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
- Place pancetta on baking tray and bake for up to 15 mins till crispy.
- Whilst the pancetta is baking boil the pasta in salted water until it is cooked to your taste.
- Drain pasta and let it cool then add to a salad bowl.
- Cool down the pancetta, drain on a kitchen towel to absorb extra liquid and break into small pieces.
- Add pancetta, melon, mint, red onion, feta cheese and chilli flakes to pasta and toss well.
- Drizzle on some balsamic vinaigrette dressing and serve.