Brussels sprouts. To slaw or not to slaw? That was the question.
OH was firmly in the not to slaw camp. Me – well I had to go and prove him wrong. So, I slawed. People, I was determined to go all out to win this one.
It was a very simple thought process; Which chutney does he eat copious amounts of? Mango. Add it in. He likes a hint of caraway – add in. Healthy yoghurt dressing – win win for the both of us. Definitely add it in.
Luckily it worked on both the first and the second attempt. One new salad recipe now firmly in my books. And, I just had to show you how OH ate his portion. Piled high on top of our home made oat seedy bread and leftover roast pork. The way to do it, right?
So here is the caraway, apple and Brussels sprout slaw with a mango yoghurt dressing. It is a mouthful but it is worth every single word. See if you agree.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Caraway Apple and Brussels Sprout Slaw with a Mango Yoghurt Dressing! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Caraway Apple and Brussels Sprout Slaw with a Mango Yoghurt Dressing
Brussels sprout slaw:
- 200 g finely shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 apples finely chopped
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- Mix the slaw ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the mango dressing ingredients into a separate bowl and whisk together until finely combined and adjust seasoning.
- You may need to add another tbsp of water if you use a very thick yoghurt.
- Mix together the slaw ingredients and as much of the dressing as you like. If you want more dressing then whip up another half batch of dressing and add to your desired taste.