Fact 1 – if I can put cardamom in it, I will.
Fact 2 – one of my dessert island takes would be pears.
Fact 3 – as the nights get colder we all love comfort food and there is nothing more comforting that a lovely warming dessert.
Result – me making this cardamom and pear crumble (cobbler) with oats and almonds scattered throughout for a crunchy topping.
Question – what do you think?
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Cardamom and Pear Crumble! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Cardamom and Pear Crumble
For the crumble (cobbler):
For the fruit filling:
- 70 g (1/3 cup) sugar
- 100 ml water
- 4 nice ripe pears peeled, cored and cut into chunks (approx 800g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat your oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Process till the resulting mixture resembles small fine breadcrumbs. Set aside this crumble topping.
- To make the fruit filling, mix the sugar and the water together and bring to the boil.
- Then add the pear chunks to the syrup and simmer gently for about 3 mins till pears start to soften.
- Then stir in the cinnamon and cardamom and transfer the mixture into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit mix making sure to pile it high in the middle of the dish and leaving space at the edge of the dish for the cardamom caramel to bubble up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the pears are cooked and and the crumble is nicely golden on top.