Welcome to my most favouritest (as the mini chefs say) thing at the moment. Aka a to die for crunchy cashew cranberry stresuel granola muffins I have ever had. I know I am blowing my own horn a little bit, but for real, these are good.
These are the muffins that make you want to wake up early as you fall in love with breakfast all over again. And as you have had your fill, the cashew crumble topping just sits there and tempts you, so you find yourself slowly picking away at the topping and all of a sudden another crunchy granola muffins is gone.
Just the right kind of muffin that is perfect for the #MakesChristmas campaign from Waitrose. The campaign is all about asking the nation to share the moment that #MakesChristmas with Waitrose.
My favourite Christmas moments always revolve around the girls. Like every single morning in December so far. I made them personalised advent calendars filled with lots of little treats that they have been wanting over the past year. So morning are even more fun now. AKA they are dressed, teeth brushed, porridge downed and hair brushed all in 25 mins aka half the time it normally takes. Then they sit like excited angels with the hugest grins you can image as they wait to open the morning’s new treat. If only I can capture that moment forever. And, I have another 19 of those moments to come. I can’t wait.
As an extra little treat I get to make my crunchy cashew cranberry streusel granola muffins with a little dash of Waitrose Christmas Signature Spice as my own very extra advent treat every morning. How very perfect.
Please do go share your #MakesChristmas moments with @Waitrose on social media for the chance to win the grand prize of the ultimate Christmas Dinner for 12 people. Good luck.
Please do make these crunchy cashew cranberry streusel granola muffins and merry almost Christmas.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Crunchy Cashew and Cranberry Streusel Granola Muffins
- 175 g (1.25 cup) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp Waitrose Signature Spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 100 g (2/3 cup) sugar
- 100 g (1 cup) nutty granola
For the cashew cranberry streusel topping
- 100 g (2/3 cup) cashews roughly chopped
- 50 g (1/2 cup) flour sifted
- 75 g (2/3 cup) granola
- 80 g (2/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Signature spice to dust
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, signature spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, milk, egg, orange juice and sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined, then quickly fold in the nutty granola.
- Divide the muffin batter equally into the muffin cases
- Make the cashew cranberry streusel topping by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl and diving the topping evenly over the muffins and finishing with a sprinkle of the signature spice.
- Bake in the oven for 22 mins or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly in the baking tin before transferring them a rack to cool completely.