Welcome to my most favouritest (as the mini chefs say) thing at the moment. Aka a to die for crunchy cashew cranberry stresuel granola muffins I have ever had. I know I am blowing my own horn a little bit, but for real, these are good.
These are the muffins that make you want to wake up early as you fall in love with breakfast all over again. And as you have had your fill, the cashew crumble topping just sits there and tempts you, so you find yourself slowly picking away at the topping and all of a sudden another crunchy granola muffins is gone.
My favourite Christmas moments always revolve around the girls. Like every single morning in December so far. I made them personalised advent calendars filled with lots of little treats that they have been wanting over the past year. So morning are even more fun now.
AKA they are dressed, teeth brushed, porridge downed and hair brushed all in 25 mins aka half the time it normally takes. Then they sit like excited angels with the hugest grins you can image as they wait to open the morning’s new treat. If only I can capture that moment forever. And, I have another 19 of those moments to come. I can’t wait.
As an extra little treat I get to make my crunchy cashew cranberry streusel granola muffins with a little dash of Waitrose Christmas Signature Spice as my own very extra advent treat every morning. How very perfect.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Crunchy Cashew and Cranberry Streusel Granola Muffins! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Crunchy Cashew and Cranberry Streusel Granola Muffins
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, signature spice and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined, then quickly fold in the nutty granola.
- Divide the muffin batter equally into the muffin cases
- Make the cashew cranberry streusel topping by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl and diving the topping evenly over the muffins and finishing with a sprinkle of the signature spice.
- Bake in the oven for 22 mins or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly in the baking tin before transferring them a rack to cool completely.