Try this warming Chai Tea.
Now that it is getting colder, I find myself spending more and more time in front of the wood burning stove, drinking copious amounts of this chai tea and curling up with thick socks, blankets and a good book.
I love the added warmth the chai spices (fragrant and heady cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and a little kick from the ginger and black pepper) bring to this tea. And combined with my favourite caffeine free roiboos tea and some gorgeous manuka honey, all is right in the world.
Feel free to vary the amount or type of spices you add to the chai tea to suit your taste. The main thing is to not forget the honey…….
More Hot Drinks
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Chai Tea! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cardamom pods crushed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 inch knob of ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 roiboos teabags
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- Put spices along with water in the pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 10 mins before switching off.
- Add the tea bags and let steep for 10 mins.
- Strain the tea and return tea to the pot.
- Mix in the milk and honey, bring the tea to a simmer and then serve.