Let’s whip up an easy, fast, tasty, made-from-scratch Green Bean Recipe. And to spice things up a little bit we are going to add some crunchy fried chilli and garlic to a turn this into an over the top delicious Chili Garlic Green Bean Recipe.
Yes, we will turn 5 simple ingredients into one perfect gluten-free and vegan side dish in less than 10 mins.
So gather all your ingredients and let’s get cooking….
How To Cook Green Beans
Guys let me show you How To Cook Green Beans. It is really, really easy.
Step 1. Select the best beans and discard any that don’t look fresh.
Step 2. Then rinse and top and tail them.
Step 3. Bring a pot of salted water pot of water to the boil, add in the green beans and cook 3-4 mins until they are tender but have a little bite.
Step 4. Drain the water and plunge the beans into some cold water and drain again before seasoning and serving.
Chef’s Tip – Ice cold water is best as this cools the beans quickest and keeps them from cooking further as they cool down.
Chili Garlic Green Bean Recipe
Now that you know how to Cook Green Beans, let’s set these aside and do the next stage.
Step 2. Take off the heat immediately and pour into a cool container.
Step 3. In the same frying pan quickly stir-fry beans for a min.
Chef’s Tip – Fried chillies and garlic make such a good vegetable topping combo. It is great with of pretty much any vegetables including Broccoli, Roasted Carrots, Instant Pot Sweet Potato and Roasted Okra. Feel free to experiment away.
How To Cook Green Beans In The Oven
How To Cook Green Beans With Bacon
Cooking green beans with bacon is easy. Simply follow the How To Cook Geen Beans section above, then cook your bacon till done before adding in the chill and garlic for a further min or so. Then add in your green beans and you are good to go.
Canned Green Beans
This Chilli Green Beans recipe calls for fresh beans but you can easily use canned green beans if that is what you have to hand. Simply drain the beans, put them in a saucepan and cover with water. Heat until warmed through or cook for a further few mins if you prefer softer beans. Then continue with making the chilli garlic oil.
Weight Watchers Points in Chill Green Beans
If you use olive oil as the vegetable oil, there are 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle per serving.
Green Bean Recipes
I hope you enjoy this third Green Bean Recipe in the pantry staple spotlight on green beans recipes (aka french beans or string beans). Find other green bean recipes below.
Thank you for reading my chilli garlic green bean recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Post originally published August 2013.
Get The Chili Garlic Green Bean Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Chilli and Garlic Green Beans! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Chilli and Garlic Green Beans
- 250 g of green beans topped and tailed
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 mild chillies
- Boil the beans in some salted water for up to 5 mins depending on their size until cooked but not over done.
- Then plunged cooked beans into ice cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves, de-seed and chop the chilli.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and chillies and season with salt. Fry on low to medium heat, stirring frequently until the garlic becomes crunchy and starts changing colour.
- Take off the heat immediately and poor into a cool container.
- In the same frying pan with only the residual leftover oil quickly stir fry beans for a min.
- Return the all the garlic and chilli and half the seasoned oil to the pan and mix. If you pour all the oil on the beans it might be too much so if you want to add a bit more then mix in an extra 1/2 tbsp of oil at a time.