Hey peeps. Ready for some awesome tacos???
Chinese five spice turkey tacos are so flexible…. you can easily sub in some left over chicken breast instead of turkey. Plus the quantity of things like the radishes and bean sprouts depend entirely on your liking and how full you want to stuff your tacos. Mix in other vegetable to your taste. Just don’t miss put the five spice or sesame oil.
Can I also wax a little bit lyrical about my new obsession aka these mini Stand ’N’ Stuff tortillas from Old El Paso? They are such a fab concept and as they are boat shaped and soft, make for easy filling, holding and mess free eating. Great for your snacks, canapés and or general fun mini sandwiches.
And as they are also perfect for little hands, the mini chefs absolutely adore using them. They have had a lot of fun testing out different fillings with these. They just love making their ‘boat sandwiches’ and even had a boat sandwich party when their friend M, came over to play. We did have rather a lot of ‘there is a boat in my tummy’ jokes through out the day. Excuse the very quick phone snap I took at the end.
It is sooooo worth getting yourself a few packs of these to try your very own ‘boat sandwich’ party. The kids have certainly planned a few more of these for their after school club dates.
More Taco Recipes
Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Chinese Five Spice Turkey Tacos With Sesame Oil Sour Cream! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Chinese Five Spice Turkey Tacos With Sesame Oil Sour Cream
For the Chinese Five Spice Turkey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 340 g (12oz) of cooked turkey breast shredded
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
For the Sesame Oil Sour Cream
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
For the Tacos
- 1 pack mini Stand’N’Stuff tortillas
- Bean sprouts
- Radishes sliced
- Mild chilli deseeded and sliced
- Spring onions scallions, slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh coriander chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, and add in the chicken and Chinese five spice, mix well and stir-fry for 2 mins. Switch off the heat and set aside.
- Mix together the sour cream and sesame oil.
- Assemble the tacos by filling the tortillas with the spiced turkey breast, the vegetables, pomegranate seeds, coriander and top with the sesame sour cream.