A simple baked french toast recipe with with coconut and cardamom. Make at night and simple bake in the morning for breakfast.
In my mind, there is one huge benefit of making a baked French toast breakfast. You can assemble it overnight, so in the morning, you just pop it in the oven and breakfast is pretty much sorted.
If you are one of those organised people who does this, then good on you. Me. Well, I plan it, I make it then I can’t help but bake it.
I have accepted the fact that I am weak when it comes to baked French toast. Heck, I am weak when it comes to French toast in general. That is a good thing right?
Here is how to make easy oven baked french toast.
PS seriously I am in love with my organic vanilla sugar that Steenbergs‘ kindly sent me. Check it out and I guarantee you will love it too.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Coconut Baked French Toast! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Coconut Baked French Toast
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Lightly grease a 12inch by 13 inch baking tray and add the bread pieces to it
- Mix together the coconut milk, milk, eggs and sugar until combined.
- Pour over the milk-egg mixture over the bread pieces and make sure all the pieces are evenly covered.
- Bake for uncovered for 40 mins or until puffed and lightly golden.
- Serve with fruits and extra maple syrup.