This spicy baked Camembert recipe topped with walnuts, cranberries and chilli honey is going to be one of my main Christmas recipes this year. Yes I know it is only November, which is probably waaaay too early to talk about Christmas food and drink. But folks, I like to be prepared. Besides that is nothing on the fact that I buy all my Christmas presents by August each year and have them all wrapped by the first of December. Yeap, really, really prepared. So one baked Camembert recipe coming right up.
The mini chefs and I had fun yesterday working out the colours scheme for our Christmas table. It is going to be rather a riot of colour, which I will share here in the next few weeks. I managed to sneak some red in there so it is all good with me.
This recipe is simple, delicious and very seasonal with the addition of cranberries and walnuts and a hint of spice with the drizzle of chilli honey. I firstly bruised the cranberries in my Zyliss EasyPull food processor before adding in and roughly chopping the walnuts. Quick and easy. You can skip bruising the cranberries but do chop the walnuts (or feel free to use other nuts that you have in your pantry).
To serve it up in style make sure you surround it with sliced fruits, crusty bread, crackers and even more nuts. And I really recommend that you keep a few packets of Camembert cheese in your fridge for those impromptu Christmas drop ins. It doesn’t take long and your friends will thank you.
I hope you try this baked Camembert recipe all topped with cranberries, walnuts and chilli honey.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
- 225 g (8oz) Camembert cheese round
- 1 small handful of dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 large handful of dried walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp chilli honey
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Remove your Camembert cheese from its wooden box, remove the plastic wrapping, place the cheese back in the wooden box ad make a few holes in the top of the cheese.
- Put the cranberries in the Zyliss EasyPull and pull about 10 times to just bruise the cranberries (optional)
- Then the walnuts into the EasyPull and pull for another 8 turns to roughly chop the walnuts.
- Pile the cranberry and walnut mix high on the top of the Camembert and drizzle the chilli honey over everything.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 min until it is all gooey.
- Serve on a board surrounded by fruits, nuts, bread and crackers.
Make sure to get vegetarian Camembert if you are serving this dish to vegetarians.