Folks, asparagus season is upon us and man I can’t wait to indulge. Starting with simple things like this creamy asparagus risotto or just simple roasted asparagus.
But there is another reason why asparagus season is rather sweet around here. AKA Freddy’s mum. She absolutely loves asparagus and will eat it every single day, yeap every single day. So she buys it and she buys it a lot.
How does this affect us? Well I would open my front door and right on top of all the letters and parcels, would be a couple of bundles of asparagus, no note or anything. This pretty much happens about three times a week. So at the end of the season I would have eaten twice my body weight in asparagus without actually buying that much myself. Sweet right? Our very own asparagus fairy.
I have been wanting to make this risotto in my Multicooker Redmond for over a year now. Do check the Multicooker page on Instagram. I am slowly working my way through all the functions, particularly the slow cooking, grain, fry and multicook functions. The risotto is made first with the fry function to cook the onions then the boil function for everything else with a little bit of stirring. Super easy and I got you a video on how to do it. Have a look and tell me what you think.
I have used both asparagus and peas in this risotto but do feel free to sub in other vegetables you have in your pantry or freezer. Omit the cheese if you want to make it vegan.
Here is how to make asparagus risotto – I hope you make it and enjoy every mouthful.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Creamy Asparagus Risotto! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Creamy Asparagus Risotto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 300 g (10.6oz) risotto rice
- 1 L (4 cups) hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 250 g (9oz) asparagus cut into 1 inch lengths with woody stems discarded
- 300 g (10.6oz) defrosted peas
- 100 g (3.5oz) grated Parmesan
- Zest of one lemon
- Select the fry programme on the Multicooker Redmond and set the timer for 10 mins.
- Add the oil in the Muticooker bowl along with the onion and fry, stirring occasionally, until the programme finishes.
- Then select the boil programme and set the timer for 30 mins.
- Mix in the rice followed by the hot stock. Cook for 23 mins stirring regularly.
- Stir in the asparagus and peas and cook until the programme finishes.
- Add in the parmesan and lemon zest, adjust seasoning and serve warm.