Coffee shop moments / cool Instagram coffee shots envy, see you later. Hello fab new coffee machine aka the Nespresso Creatista Plus.
The new and seriously impressive machine is all about helping you enjoy café-style quality coffee in your own home. Yeap, you can make a whole load of pretty amazing coffee. I am talking black coffee ie ristretto, espresso (Freddy’s favourite) or lungo. But if like me you prefer a milky coffee then you can easily whip up your very own cappuccino, café latte, latte macchiato or a flat white. Everything is pretty much covered.
Can I make a big song and dance about the milk. Oh yeap peeps it is a big deal. This baby comes with an automatic steam wand which means – wait for it – silky, smooth, frothy milk. So not only are you creating that barista worthy cup of coffee at home but you also can create your very own latte art. Oh peeps, there are hours of fun lined up right there.
Ok, now that I have got that out of my system can I tell you why I like it?
Well, here are some reasons:
- the Nespresso Creatista plus starts up in just 10 seconds. Coffee as fast as you need. Perfect for when you’ve overslept, need a quick caffeine fix but want to make sure it is good.
- Its steam wand lets you make proper frothy milk. I know I have said this already but seriously, this is something I have tried and tried and tried again at home but never done properly – until now. And good frothy milk is a must, as far as I am concerned.
- The frother runs an automatic cleaning cycle after you’re done brewing so milk won’t clog the pump – and there’s no need to worry about cleaning milk from a complex system of pipes – it does it itself. How cool is that!
- Clear easy instructions – you actually don’t need an instruction manual as instructions very clear and numerous images will help you.
- The Nespresso Sage Creatista Plus is seriously versatile. Thanks to both the good engineering on the machine, and the variety of coffee pods Nespresso provides. The other day, I had a few people round and could ask them what type of coffee they wanted, and could give everybody what they wanted – even the person who wanted a decaf espresso…
- Personalized coffee – You can set the temperature of your milk; can set the style of coffee (see point 5 above!); the size of cup you want (these guys have even thought about putting in a cup support for espresso cups – to make sure you don’t spill any) – and even how big a cup you want within the style. So you can have a large or small espresso, and so on.
- If you think about it, if you have 24 different coffee styles from Nespresso; three different sizes/ styles of basic coffee from the machine, plus two different styles of milk, that gives you 24 x 3 x 2 = 144 different combinations. Enough to have something different every day for over 4 months.
- These people even think of water hardness. They supply a water hardness test, which lets you set its descaling programme. So if you are in a hard water area, you set the descaling to more frequent than soft water. Because the last thing you want is for the pipes of this glorious machine to fur up…..
So – all in all,
The machine itself is super sleek with a stylish high gloss finish that fits into any kitchen. And a bonus that it is not very large so does not take up much counter space. This means that You can leave it out and use it daily – which Freddy rather heartily recommends.
Anyway – am I surprised that I’ve been holding forth about what a great machine this is? No. Not at all. In fact, I’d be surprised if I didn’t. This machine is made in collaboration with Sage Appliances, and every Sage bit of kit I’ve come across has been well engineered and well designed. Seriously folks – these guys do the business. And combined with some Nespresso coffee you know you have got the goods right there. You can find out more using #CreatistaStudio #CreatistaBarista and @NespressoUK on twitter.
So yes, coffee shop moments / cool Instagram coffee shots envy, see you later. Hello barista worthy coffee, at the press of a button in my own home.
This post is sponsored by some really lovely folk. Thank you for supporting them, as they make it possible for me to continue dreaming up recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Opinions as always, are my own.