You will love these Cadbury Crème Egg Brownies that are suitably decadent yet extremely easy to make. Fudgy, gooey and over-the-top delicious. You will not be able to stop at just one.
Let’s make Crème Egg Brownies. Because you and I love brownies, we love Cadbury Crème Eggs in all its forms and we love Easter. Plus, do we really need any reason to face plant ourselves in this rather indulgent chocolate treat?
Plus these Mini Egg Brownies are easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. As easy as these peanut butter banana brownies or these avocados brownies. Yeap, I totally want you guys to fall in foodie love with (all) these brownies as much as I have because well they are THAT good.
Do you know one reason why this recipe is awesome? Leftover Cadbury Crème Eggs. You HAVE to buy enough Crème Eggs to ‘test’ this recipe out a few times, then clearly you HAVE to buy enough and then some more for ALL of Easter.
All the leftover Crème Eggs people, all the leftover ones. With which you get to make these Crème Egg Brownies again and again and again…….
Cadbury Crème Egg Brownies Tips
- The base of these brownies is Cadbury Crème Egg, chocolate, peanut butter and bananas. Because chocolate, peanut butter and bananas just work together really well. Ok because I love bananas in brownies, but it totally works.
- Oh and tip moment here. You want to only add the Mini Crème Eggs 2 thirds the way through baking. Otherwise, you might end up with some rather interesting flavoured Crème Eggs that even an Easter egg addiction would not save. Trust me I found out the hard way. Plus, there was that other time I decided to bake brownies with almond flakes and rose petals on the top. Never making that mistake again…….
- Another tip is to warm up the peanut butter in the microwave for about 20-30 secs to get it all easy to mix in or marble on the top.
- Oh and make double the amount you think you need, because really you are going to eat half of them before you serve them up….
Cadbury Crème Egg Brownies: What You Need
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
A quick list of items you will need to make this recipe.
How to Make Creme Egg Brownies
- Step 1. Once you’ve preheated your oven, get out a large bowl and mash two ripe bananas.
- Step 2. Add sugar, oil (rapeseed or castor), almond milk, 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter (the rest comes later), and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Step 3. Next, add flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips (if making this vegan, ensure these are vegan chocolate chips), and salt.
- Step 4. Mix until combined.
- Step 5. Pour batter into a lightly oiled baking tray, silicone baking tray if you have it. Pour remaining 2 tbsp peanut butter on top and swirl it into batter.
- Step 6. Bake for 20 mins and remove.
- Step 7. Add the mini Cadbury Crème Egg halves to the top of the brownie, return and bake for a further 8-10 mins.
- Step 8. Remove from the oven, allow the brownies to cool, then add to a cooling rack to cool completely before cutting. Top with extra crème eggs and other chocolate.
How Long Do Crème Egg Brownies Last
Well, that is the question. And in my house the last for only 1 day. However, they have lasted up to 3 days with no problem whatsoever. But seriously, I bow to you if you can keep them that long….
For More Recipes Using Creme Eggs
For more recipes using Cadbury Creme Eggs why don’t you check out these
Cadbury Crème Egg and Cinnamon Toast Soldiers from Kitchen Sanctuary
Cadbury Crème Egg Cheesecake from Good Housekeeping.
Also you could try these Gluten Free Brownies from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary.
Thank you for reading my Crème Egg Brownies recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
**Get The Crème Egg Brownies Recipe**
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Cadbury Crème Egg Brownies! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Cadbury Crème Egg Brownies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or canola oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter divided (warmed to stirring consistency in microwave)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips dark
- pinch salt
- 8 mini Crème Eggs halved
- Preheat oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C /350°F/180°C and lightly oil a 23 X 23 cm (9 inch by 9 inch) baking tray. (Silicon is good for this.)
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork.
- Then add in the sugar, oil, almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Then mix in the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and salt until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared baking tray, then add the remaining peanut butter on the top and swirl into patterns.
- Bake for approximately 20 min then move from the oven
- Add the Mini Crème Egg halves to the top of the brownie batter and return to the oven for a further 10 minus, until the brownie starts shrinking away from the sides of the tin and a skewer inserted comes out cleanly.
- Careful not to overcook - the brownies will firm up as they cool down).
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting and topping with extra mini eggs and serve,