Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes is the ultimate easy comfort food. Making this delicious cheesy potato side dish in your slow cooker is incredibly easy – just dump, set, and forget!
Suitable for Gluten Free diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
4 ingredient Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes are comfort food at its best. I mean, who doesn’t love tender potatoes that are loaded with cheese, ranch seasoning, and bacon. There are lots of cheesy potato recipes out there, but the bacon is what takes this cheesy potato casserole over the top.
The other great thing about this recipe for easy cheesy potatoes is that you make ’em in your slow cooker. What’s better than having a tender potato side-dish ready to serve when you get home from work?! It works great as stand alone dinner or breakfast dish too.
Great Easy Recipe
It’s also the perfect recipe to make for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day and other holidays gatherings, Potlucks, dinner when your coveted oven space is being used for other recipes. And as loved as this Crockpot Breakfast Casserole and Crockpot Chicken Fajitas and a great side to Baked Picnic Ham. You can make oven Scalloped Potatoes instead.
Honestly, it doesn’t get simpler than this. Just take 4 simple ingredients, dump, set and forget and come home to delicious Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes with Bacon. #somuchyum
Why Make This
- Bacon! – Did I tell you there is bacon in this recipe? LOL. But seriously, it doesn’t get much better than potatoes, cheese, and bacon.
- Dump, Set, Forget – This recipe is so easy you won’t even feel like you are cooking.
- Meal prep – Made from pantry staples and perfect for meal prep or prepping ahead.
- Oven Space-saver – Oven space can be limited, especially around the holidays, and this Crock pot Cheesy Potatoes recipe will save you both time and space.
- Versatile – This is a super versatile side dish that pairs with all sorts of mains.
- Potatoes – I love using red potatoes for this but feel free to use white ones.
- Cheese – I love using a mix blend of Cheddar and Monterey jack cheese. But use your favorite cheese.
- Ranch seasoning – This can be homemade or store- bought.
- Bacon – save leftover bacon for this or you can use store bought. For the best flavor use smoky bacon.
Ready to learn how to make these cheesy crockpot potatoes? Gather up those ingredients and I will show you…
How To Make Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Line your crockpot with foil, plus enough to fold over the potatoes.
- Add half the potatoes, half the cheese, half the ranch seasoning, and half the bacon.
- Fold the foil over the potatoes, cover, and cook 7-8 hours on LOW.
- Top with extra cheese, melt and serve.
Pro Recipe Tips
- Cut the potatoes into uniformly sized pieces for even cooking.
- This recipe calls for fresh potatoes, but you can also use frozen potatoes – and you don’t even need to thaw them. #freezerrecipe.
- Feel free to make this a complete meal by adding in some browned sausage or shredded cooked leftover chicken.
- Use the keep warm setting to make sure these are nice and warm for when guests arrive.
- Add some heat – Before serving, top the potatoes with slices of pickled or fresh jalapenos for a little kick of heat.
- Spice it up – The ranch powder gives these potatoes a creamy flavor or you can try stirring in your favorite herbs like thyme, rosemary, and dill.
- Top it off – Bacon is a great topping for these potatoes. You can also top them with sautéed onion, chopped green onion.
This Cheesy Crockpot Potatoes recipe is so easy, I’m not sure you need to prep ahead, but you certainly can!
- Prep Ahead – Combine all your ingredients as directed in the bowl of your crockpot. Store the whole thing in the fridge until the morning and then cook as directed.
- Store – Store any leftovers in a covered dish inside the fridge, and use within 3 days.
- Freeze – Freezing this recipe is not recommended.
- Reheat – Reheat these in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
Yes, while the slow cooker lets you set it and forget it, you can also cook cheesy potatoes in the oven too.
Prepare as directed in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Then bake at 350F /170C for 45 minutes, removing the foil for the last 10-15 minutes to allow the cheeses to get golden and bubbly.
You can use shredded potatoes in this potato casserole, but you will need to reduce the cooking time considerably. We recommend you watch closely the first time you make them so you can get a feel for the time it will take.
You bet! You will want to need at least a 6-quart crockpot to have room to double this recipe, which is perfect for a crowd
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken.
- Easy Crockpot Chicken Fajitas.
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs.
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole.
- Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs.
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Pasta.
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti.
- Crockpot Tomato Soup.
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Mash.
- Crockpot Mashed Butternut Squash.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 10 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Thank you for reading my Cheesy Potatoes in Crock pot recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice, and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes, and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Get The Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.13kg) potatoes chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (587g) grated cheddar cheese divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 8 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- Line the Crockpot with aluminum foil, making sure you have enough on the sides to cover the potatoes. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Put half of the potatoes into the Crockpot, then a half cup of cheese, half the ranch seasoning, and half of the bacon.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining potatoes, a half cup of the cheese, the rest of the seasoning and bacon.
- Cover with foil and place the lid on the Crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours, until the potatoes are tender enough to your liking.
- Open the Crockpot, remove the top layer of foil, and add the remaining half cup of cheese, allowing it to melt before serving.
- Cut the potatoes into uniformly sized pieces for even cooking.
- This recipe calls for fresh potatoes, but you can also use frozen potatoes – and you don’t even need to thaw them. #freezerrecipe