I am using pancake day or Shrove Tuesday as an excuse to make my double coconut pancakes with cardamom for supper. I plan to make enough batter to just ‘have to have’ some more pancakes for breakfast the next day. And guess what, I plan to use the same excuse for valentine’s day breakfast :D. These are fluffy and delicately fragrant with a hint of chewiness from the desiccated coconut. Top them with desiccated coconut, lime zest and some honey for the perfect meal.
Last week I posted about how to make pancakes. Well this recipe is based on that post but with a few modifications. It is easy to tailor this to your specific taste and feel free to add in more desiccated coconut if you want a more chewy texture. I prefer to add sweetness to pancakes via the toppings but you can add sugar or honey to the batter.
So try these coconut pancakes and please let me know what your favorite toppings are.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Double coconut pancakes with cardamom! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Double coconut pancakes with cardamom
- 115 g (1 cup) of plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sodium bicarbonate baking soda
- ½ tsp cardamom or to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Honey to taste optional
- 2 large eggs
- 160 ml of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- coconut oil or butter for frying
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate, cardamom, salt and honey (if using) and mix thoroughly
- Add in the eggs, the coconut milk and desiccated coconut and whisk well. You will be left with a thick batter. It does not matter if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat
- Heat a tiny splash of coconut oil frying pan and add in a ladle of batter
- Cook the pancake for a couple of minute and when the top starts bubbling then turn over and cook the other side until it is golden.
- Top with desiccated coconut and lime zest and serve with honey or any other toppings that you prefer.