Well that would be me, me, me and some of you.
I did try and it did work, kind of. But the amount of stress involved (which might be down the perfectionist food blogger in me) meant that I have avoided trying ever since. Which is sad because meringues are
- Really good
- Crispy and chewy pieces of heaven, so awesome
- Extremely versatile
- Easy to whip into a decadent dessert, aka pantry staple heaven
Lucky for me (and the some of you), Walkers have taken pity on us and brought out a range of ready to use meringues. This includes both mini nests and, my current excitement, a family sized pavlova. Just fill up with some whipped cream and top with a gazillion fruit and we are good to go. Awesome right?
That is easy summer desserts, birthday parties, bring a dish, impromptu drop ins and coffee mornings all sorted then.
This kiwi and mango pavlova is so, so, so easy to make. And don’t let the name fool you, I added both colour and taste with some passionfruit and pomegranate seeds.
The final bit of ‘oh yeah’ flavour comes from the rather easy coconut flavoured whipped cream. Yeap, a tropical pavlova made in exactly 10 mins.
I do think the coconut whipped cream adds that extra ‘woah’ to this kiwi and mango pavlova. But, if you are short on time, then feel free to just get some store bought whipped cream and make away. This pavlova is all about ease, peeps.
Now drop every single thing you are doing, run to the shops, grab yourselves some pavlova, mango, kiwis and passionfruit and more, and whip up this super easy kiwi and mango pavlova. Trust me your guests and your belly will thank you.
Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag me on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes
African flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and African fusion recipes.
This post is sponsored by some really lovely folk. Thank you for supporting them, as they make it possible for me to continue dreaming up recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Opinions as always, are my own.
- 150 ml (0.6 cup) double cream
- 0.5 tsp icing sugar
- 0.5 tsp coconut extract
- One pavlova (I used the Walkers family sized pavlova)
- 2 mangos , peeled, cubed and the stone discarded
- 2 kiwis , peeled and cubed
- Seeds from one passionfruit
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Make the whipped cream by mixing the cream, coconut extract and sugar together in a large bowl and whipping till the cream forms soft peaks.
- Place the pavlova on a serving plate, spoon in as much whipped cream as desired, then top with the fruits and serve.
This makes whipped extra cream and I very highly recommend making a few extra meringue nests for your me time moments.
Please pin me: