Drop everything and bake this easy peasy skillet penaut butter cookie.
Have you ever had a Pinterest ‘stop everything’ moment? You know the ones I mean, where you are curled up on your sofa, drinking some chai tea, slowly scrolling through Pinterest and drooling over the whole host of amazing chocolate, coconut and cardamom concoctions when suddenly you see it. The recipe that makes you stop right there. The one that you have to pin to all your board, and you luckily have all the ingredients to make it RIGHT THIS MINUTE.
Yeap, that is what happened when I saw this peanut butter skillet cookie from Sally’s Baking addiction show up in my feed. Freddy was thoroughly bewildered by me muttering must make, must make as I dashed around the pantry looking for some peanut butter and eggs.
Luckily the kiddoes were up for it, with my eldest grabbing her favourite new gadget Redmond Smart Kitchen SkyScales to start weighing away. My youngest had her priorities right reaching for the smarties. Ten mins of measuring, whisking and tasting, peanut butter skillet cookie was in the oven. Better still 40 mins later, we were all tucking into to our warm cookie, topped with melty ice cream and fruits right there on the kitchen floor. Oh the joy. Leftover peanut butter cookie twent straight into this peanut butter cookie milkshake. Twice the joy folks, twice the joy.
PS – Please do check out the Redmond Smart Kitchen SkyScales. These rather awesome scales can tell you the calorific and nutritional information in your meal as you weight out your ingredients. So no more having to spend ages working it out yourself especially when you are whipping up a more complicated meal. And it certainly makes keeping an eye on your calorie intake much easier.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Easy Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Easy Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
- 310 g (11oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g (7oz) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 350 g (12.3oz) smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls of smarties or M&Ms
- Preheat oven to fan assisted, 160C / 180C / 350F gas 4 and lightly oil your skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sodium bicarbonate and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar for a couple of mins until nice and smooth. Then add in the eggs and beat for a further min, before adding in the vanilla and peanut butter and continuing mixing till everything is well combined.
- Tip the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue mixing with the hand mixer until combined before tipping in the smarties.
- Stop the hand mixer and transfer the cookie dough to the skillet, making sure to spread the dough evenly through the skillet.
- Bake in the hot oven for approx 35 mins until lightly browned on top and the sides.
- Let the cookie cool for a few mins in the skillet before serving with some cream, fruits and leftover smarties.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.