To be more specific, who is up for some super easy cake? Like the easiest ever summer fruit meringue layer cake which takes less than 10 mins to whip up.
Yeap, you heard me right. That is just 10 whole mins, that you can afford to give up, making this summer fruit meringue layer cake. Because it is such a stunning cake that you are guaranteed to wow your guests.
Plus, you get to make them feel well appreciated as they are bound to think that you spent all day cooking up meringues and pavlovas on their behalf (we have all been there, so no judging).
The secret to this cake is the meringues. Now, now, don’t panic. The best bit it that you don’t have to make the meringues yourself. Because the Walker’s shortbread team have done all the hard work for you and I, with their range of read to eat meringues and pavlovas. They are pretty much a fill with some whipped cream and go kind of treat and make awesome pantry staples.
In the last 6 weeks I have made some easy kiwi and mango pavlova, fed the kids endless version of Eton Mess, had broken up meringue granola for breakfast (trust me you want to try this once in your life) and of course made this kiwi mango pavlova with coconut whipped cream a couple of times. Plus I have one birthday party and on girls night-in dessert to host with meringue desserts already sorted.
Here I show to make the easiest ever summer fruit meringue layer cake. Please do try it and if you do make it, then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes.
Thank you for reading my summer fruit meringue layer cake recipe post. This post is sponsored by some really lovely folk. Thank you for supporting them, as they make it possible for me to continue dreaming up recipes, African recipes, Sierra Leonean recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Opinions as always, are my own.
- 250 ml (1 cup) double cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- One pavlova I used the Walkers family sized pavlova
- 7 meringues nest
- 450 g (1lb) of mixed summer fruits (strawberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberries
- Make the whipped cream by mixing the cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl and whipping till the cream forms soft peaks.
- Place the pavlova on a serving plate, spoon on as much whipped cream as desired and then top with some fruits.
- Then add a layer of 6 meringues, fill them with cream and top with more fruit.
- Place the remaining meringue nest on the top, fill with more cream and top and surround it with more fruit.
- The dig right in.
Please pin me: