One of the great things about being a food blogger is that I get to try food well before the occasion / special day. Then I get to eat it all over again on the day, but with no stress whatsoever as I know what I am doing then.
So I was rather excited when the debbie&andrew’s team asked me to try out their sausages along with one of their Mother’s Day recipes. Oh yes, oh yes, yes oh yes.
Hard core carnivore (aka Freddy), muttering under his breath about not wanting any sausages that he hadn’t made himself, grumpily went of to get me a few packs of their sausages. He was just as grumpy as he had to fry them and dish them up.
And then, he took a bite……..
Their sausages are perfect. For example their Harrogate sausages have a seriously high meat content (97%) and are packed full of flavour. Genuinely lovely things. And of course the children too loved them. So that sorts out what to feed the hordes coming in half term. Especially as their premium sausages are wheat, gluten and dairy free – so no problem about the gluten-intolerant friend coming over.
Plus they have the red tractor kitemark, I don’t have any welfare issues on my conscience so can eat them guilt-free. Which is why pack number two (after having used pack number one for the family in general) was quietly eaten by me for lunch, when everyone was out.
Please do pop over to the debbie&andrew’s website and check out more of their range. I am thinking that you might be tempted by their caramelised red onion sausages, curried chicken and mango sausages and their beef, green chilli and lime meatballs. I know I am.
In the mean time here is their rather gorgeous fig and sausage salad, made with their perfect pork sausages. Perfect really for Mother’s Day.
debbie&andrew’s sausages are available in Asda, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. Prices range from £2.50 on promotion to £3.00. debbie&andrew’s are also offering 50p off vouchers to fans so that there’s no excuse to not share some extra sausages this spring. Simply go to: www.debbieandandrews.co.uk/coupon and follow the instructions.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Fig and Sausage Salad
- 2 red onions peeled and quartered
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pack of debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork sausages
- 8 figs quartered
- 200 g (7oz) bag mixed leaf salad
- Balsamic glaze
- 200 g (7oz) feta
- Preheat your oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Place onions in a roasting tray and drizzle on the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until they are soft and starting to caramelise around the edges.
- Chop the debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork sausages into thick slices on the diagonal and fry over a medium heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- Assemble your salad by layering salad leaves, red onion, sausages and figs. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and crumbled feta.
- Serves 4 along with some crusty bread
A debbie&andrew's recipe. Gluten-free.