If you have been reading this blog for a while you would know that I am addicted to pancakes. In every way, shape and taste.
If I am guaranteed a fire, a pancake pan and some flour type ingredient then pancakes would definitely be a desert island requirement. Let’s not examine the logistics of that one too closely.
But I figure it is time for me to introduce you to another breakfast love – aka French toast or eggy bread.
It’s a weekend favourite (I am sad enough to plan the rest of my brunch recipes round this), full of sweet delicious vanilla’ie (new word) goodness and it just rocks. No need to say anymore.
Well apart from enjoy every mouthful.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try French Toast! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 6 slices of bread
- Vegetable oil for frying you can use butter too
- Fruit and maple syrup to serve
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar to a wide shallow bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Soak the bread slices in this mixture for 2 minutes on each side. You might have to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Heat a frying pan with some oil and cook the bread for about 2-3 mins on each side over medium heat until golden.
- Serve the French toast warm with some maple syrup and fruit.