My friend B and I have a pact to eat this summer fruit salad for breakfast every other day in preparation for our 6 hr pamper photo shoot. We have to do our little bit and leave the hard stuff to the professionals with their facials, manicure, hair styling and 6 (yes 6) outfit changes. I am sooooooooooo doing a little excited jig as I write this.
Strawberries, blueberries and red grapes are my preferred fruit for this salad – the colours are gorgeous and the minty orange syrup just screams eat me, eat me. Feel free to throw in any other fruits like pears, apples, pineapples etc . You can easily double up the quantities I give below and make a little bit more orange syrup if you prefer.
This is perfect for brunch, picnics, bbq, and goes well with breakfast pancakes, or some yummy Greek yoghurt or ice cream. Of if you are like me eat if in preparation for a glam photo shoot (come on, I just had to get it in there on more time).
So try this easy fruit salad recipe and please leave a comment telling me how you make fruit salad.
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) orange juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp icing sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) blueberries
- 200 g (7 oz) red grapes halved
- 200 g (7 oz) strawberries hulled and sliced
- Mint leaves
- Make the orange syrup by mixing orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Don't worry if you have a few icing lumps in the syrup as the lumps dissolve when mixed in with the fruit.
- Put fruit in a large bowl, pour over orange syrup and mix together gently.
- Garnish with some mint leaves and serve.