This funfetti granola is for all the grown up kids out there.
Plus all the young kids too.
It is as simple as making a base of coconut and maple granola and adding in a liberal helping of Dr Oetker’s sprinkles. Plus anything else you want (pistachios and cashews work very well)
Yeap it is that simple. Plus this make a great base for some funfetti cookies.
And a big thanks to my friend E whose smarties and toasted coconut granola inspired my funfetti version and for making breakfast fun these past few weeks.
Now what fun breakfast ideas do you have?
Shares at Made with love Mondays at Javelin Warriors Cookin w/ Luv.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Funfetti Granola! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
For the syrup
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the oats
- 250 g (9oz) oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp shredded coconut
- 5 tbsp chopped nuts optional
- Dr Oetkers sugar strands to your taste.
- Heat oven to fan assisted 120C / 140C / 275F / gas 1.
- Mix syrup ingredients together in a pot and warm gently on the cooker until combined.
- Stir the cinnamon into the oats.
- Add the syrup to the oat mix and combine thoroughly.
- Spread oats in a thin layer on baking tray (you might need two trays) and bake for 20 mins.
- Then add in the nuts and coconut, mix again and bake for another 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Stir in the sugar strands and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.