Ok, today is another one of my hanging out with Dr Jackson Avery days. And as I said previously, on days when we hang out I tend to make one of my from brain to plate in less than 20 mins meals. So one bowl of easy garlic and chilli spaghetti coming right up.
OH’s cousin introduced him to this easy pasta recipe and it has become a standard in this house. Thanks A – we owe you. Think sweet crunchy garlic pieces combined with slightly spicy crunchy chilli pieces in a garlic chilli flavoured oil all poured over some warm spaghetti. Top it with some cheese (I like the crumbly Wensleydale cheese with this) and some fresh chopped herbs and you have got the goods.
It is very important to watch the garlic carefully as you are frying it. It goes from sweet crunchy perfect to burnt and bitter very quickly so please keep an eye on it and as soon as it starts changing colour to golden and crunchy take garlic and chilli off the heat and pour the garlic and chilli mixture into a cool container to stop the cooking. This is good good good and easy easy easy. But I must throw in some friendly advice. Please do NOT eat this just before going to work and certainly not before going on a hot date.
If you are looking for another quick spaghetti recipe then check out this garlic, ginger and savoy cabbage spaghetti. And please leave a comment below telling me what you think.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Garlic and Chilli Spaghetti! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Garlic and Chilli Spaghetti
- 225 g spaghetti
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 mild red chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander cilantro or other herbs
- Optional toppings - crumbly cheese.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. When cooked drain and set aside somewhere warm.
- Whilst spaghetti is cooking, peel and slice the garlic cloves, de-seed and chop the chilli.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and chillies and season with salt. Fry on low to medium heat, stirring frequently until the garlic becomes crunchy and starts changing colour.
- Take off the heat immediately and poor into a cool container.
- Dish spaghetti onto plates and top with some garlic chilli mixture and some chopped herbs (and crumbly cheese if you prefer).
- And of course - enjoy.