I like granola.
Mini chefs like granola.
You get where I am going with this right?
So I made a half batch to test it out. Mini chefs and I sat down on the kitchen floor with teaspoons and munched, and crunched and munched and picked every last oat flake and goji berry out of the baking tray. We did not even reach for the yoghurt. How is that for a good breakfast?
I had to make a second batch to photograph.
And an extra bonus is that I managed to get some antioxidants and vitamin A into the kiddoes via these berries. No bribery involved.
So do try this goji berry and pistachio granola recipe and leave me a comment to let me know what goji berry recipes you have up your sleeve.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Goji Berry and Pistachio Granola! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Goji Berry and Pistachio Granola
For the syrup
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the oats
- 250 g (8.8oz) oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp shredded coconut
- 5 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 5 tbsp goji berries
- Mix syrup ingredients together in a pot and warm gently on the cooker until combined.
- Stir the cinnamon into the oats.
- Heat oven to fan assisted 120C / 140C / 275F / gas 1.
- Add the syrup to the oat mix and combine thoroughly.
- Spread oats in a thin layer on baking tray (you might need two trays) and bake for 20 mins.
- Then add in the nuts and coconut, mix again and bake for another 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Stir in the goji berries and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.